Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    educated guess.
    I pretty much knew it wasn't because you went to the last one.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

The way I look at it, with all the crap that's going on today, we should all try to support these shows. Even if they aren't the be all and end all shows we like. If it wasn't for Morgantown, there wouldn't be ANY shows in the area right now, and who knows when or if Oaks will be back. Support fellow gun people whenever you get the chance. There's enough of "them" out there trying to eliminate everything we love without us helping them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    The way I look at it, with all the crap that's going on today, we should all try to support these shows. Even if they aren't the be all and end all shows we like. If it wasn't for Morgantown, there wouldn't be ANY shows in the area right now, and who knows when or if Oaks will be back. Support fellow gun people whenever you get the chance. There's enough of "them" out there trying to eliminate everything we love without us helping them.
    This.

(Berks County)

I believe that MONTCO is putting a chokehold on the Oaks show. Morgantown is in Berks County and is not a bad location, it's 1/4 mile off the Tpk exit and if Nielson and Eagle Arms wanted to, they could fit the whole 1000 tables in there. Alternatively, they could reduce the number of non-gun related stands and definitely make it work. The people at the Berks agency that works to attract business tells me that the only other venue large enough is somewhere around Leesport, which is not as good a location as Oaks or Morgantown. The assholes in MONTCO have no consideration for the supporting businesses that profit from the show. The hotels get a lot of three night stays out of it and some showgoers must eat at the local restaurants and stop in Wawa for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I pretty much knew it wasn't because you went to the last one.
    i was there which is how i formed my educated guess.

OP:
    "I was iffy on going to the Oaks show, because inventories are low and prices are high. Now the Morgantown show is half the size, and 20 minutes more to drive each way"

it's a smaller venue, inventory sucks and prices are worse.

(York County)

if you guys aren't happy with the inventory or the prices, you may want to travel an hour out of your way and go to shops in the York and Adams county areas. my friends shop is well stocked. Oaks isn't going to happen any time this year so get used to that. all of the large shows have been stopped. either you go to small shows and go to shops outside of your area of travel. prices too high for you? try looking at the forum classifieds where people are asking $1000 or more for a plain Jane PSA AR-15. distributers are raising prices and are making fewer and fewer items available, so if it costs us dealers more, and it sells quick in the shop, and we cant replace that same item for weeks....we surely cant operate one a $20 profit margin. yes prices are going up, but that doesn't mean most dealers are profiting more.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    if you guys aren't happy with the inventory or the prices, you may want to travel an hour out of your way and go to shops in the York and Adams county areas. my friends shop is well stocked. Oaks isn't going to happen any time this year so get used to that. all of the large shows have been stopped. either you go to small shows and go to shops outside of your area of travel. prices too high for you? try looking at the forum classifieds where people are asking $1000 or more for a plain Jane PSA AR-15. distributers are raising prices and are making fewer and fewer items available, so if it costs us dealers more, and it sells quick in the shop, and we cant replace that same item for weeks....we surely cant operate one a $20 profit margin. yes prices are going up, but that doesn't mean most dealers are profiting more.
    Its the old " Supply and demand " . If you want it ,pay the price

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Im going to Morgantown.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Westmoreland County)

Looking forward to seeing many of you at Morgantown this coming weekend. Travel safe all.

(Berks County)

I'll go Saturday but I'll cook up some pancakes and sausage for Sunday if anyone's interested.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast