Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Sub-compact double-stack pistols?

My son-in-law, who some of you met at the June 8 rally, is interested in purchasing his first firearm, for concealed carry. He's interested in a sub-compact, because he only forsees carrying concealed and doesn't want to change his clothing choices too much. Here's the parameters:

9mm Parabellum
    Striker-fired
    Double stack (min. 10 rounds in flush fit magazine)
    3"-3.5" barrel
    EXTERNAL SAFETY (not comfortable with one in the chamber w/o ext. safety)

There are several firearms fitting the bill except for the safety. Hellcat, P365, CZ P10SC, Canik TP9SC, and others I can't recall. But the only one I find with the external safety is the Taurus G2C. Am I missing any? He's not opposed to the Taurus, in fact economical pricing is desirable, but if there are any others he would consider them.

Thanks
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sub-compact double-stack pistols?

Sig makes a P365 with a thumb safety, S&W M&P9c also has a model with a thumb safety. Also the old Ruger SR9C & the new Ruger Security 9 compact(Hammer fired but trigger feels like a striker).
    FN9c
    Last edited by carwash; June 9th, 2020 at 07:47 PM.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

2nding Carwash, the 365 does have a model with a thumb safety.

I love my p365 and stopped looking for new carry guns when I got it. Springfield xd has a subcompact with a grip safety that might fit the bill.

(Delaware County)

I have a Taurus G2C. Love it. Accurate, eats all ammo, never had a hiccup. Bought mine for $199. Saw them for $220 recently.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Wayne County)

The G2C is a really nice little package. Especially for the price. He would be happy with it.

I had a G2C for a short while and had fired it enough to switch it over to my EDC. Rightup until I was shown the Glock 43X.

It really is too bad that he has to have an external safety. The 43X meets all of those requirements except the safety. And with a Shield Arm replacement magazine, you get a flush fit, steel, 15 round magazine. Very awesome, indeed.

I jave pretty much quit carrying all of my other pistols, except for rare occasions, on account of the 43X. It really is a well made pistol.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    The G2C is a really nice little package. Especially for the price. He would be happy with it.

I had a G2C for a short while and had fired it enough to switch it over to my EDC. Rightup until I was shown the Glock 43X.

It really is too bad that he has to have an external safety. The 43X meets all of those requirements except the safety. And with a Shield Arm replacement magazine, you get a flush fit, steel, 15 round magazine. Very awesome, indeed.

I jave pretty much quit carrying all of my other pistols, except for rare occasions, on account of the 43X. It really is a well made pistol.
    Same here.

(Columbia County)

The one I carry is the Walther p99C with an anti stress trigger . It's a striker fired. It doesn't have a safety. However it does have decocking button that when pressed puts the gun in a double action mode thus a heavy trigger pull. So it gives one the option of carry modes

It comes with 2 ten round mags one flush one with a finger extension. 15 round mags from the full size model also fit.

The bad news is Walther doesn't make the compact model anymore . However they are still available from various distributors.
    Also if one wants to put a reflex optic it's not going to happen because of the decocking button.

Here's a review

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...-walther-p99c/
    Last edited by eagleclaw; July 11th, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

(Montgomery County)

The M&P Shield EZ 9mm has a manual safety option. Good pistol for a beginner too.

I'd also suggest eventually training out of the perceived need for a manual safety. But hey whatever works for each individual!

Crap missed the part about double stack.

The Springfield Sub-compact is nice but I find it a bit heavy and bulky... The shield is my EDC now but I think I'm about to switch over to the G2C... I like the size and feel plus the mag cap is better than the shield. I just need more practice with the G2C before I switch over... Great gun for the money.
    ΑΣΦ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast