Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Sub-compact double-stack pistols?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It really sounds like the G2C would be the way for him to go, with the good reports here and the price. Aggies, he claims he saw one online on sale for $179. Maybe it was on old ad, though. I have a PT709 Slim that is solid, with no issues except for occasionally not locking the slide back on the last round. I should probably just not even think about the spotty customer service reputation, especially with your and Sandcut's experience, and my own.
    I did own an M&P9c, but got rid of it recently. It may be a bit thick for his liking, its not really in the sub-compact category, nor the Ruger SR9C, if I'm correct. And I think the Sig won't make the cut based on comparative price, or the Glock, for that matter.
    Thanks guys, and keep any suggestions coming.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    2nding Carwash, the 365 does have a model with a thumb safety.
    Must spread rep..
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It really sounds like the G2C would be the way for him to go, with the good reports here and the price. Aggies, he claims he saw one online on sale for $179. Maybe it was on old ad, though. I have a PT709 Slim that is solid, with no issues except for occasionally not locking the slide back on the last round. I should probably just not even think about the spotty customer service reputation, especially with your and Sandcut's experience, and my own.
    I did own an M&P9c, but got rid of it recently. It may be a bit thick for his liking, its not really in the sub-compact category, nor the Ruger SR9C, if I'm correct. And I think the Sig won't make the cut based on comparative price, or the Glock, for that matter.
    Thanks guys, and keep any suggestions coming.
    179.00 ???? I would buy a second one for that price. Where did he see it ???
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Montgomery County)

The p365 could hardly be beat othen than price point. Still factors wonderfully when you consider they all come factory with tritium night sights.

Also, you can buy tac packs for about $550(same price at the gun itself) and it includes 3x 12 round mags, AND a very nice iwb/owb holster

(Montgomery County)

I love my p365 and stopped looking for new carry guns when I got it. Springfield xd has a subcompact with a grip safety that might fit the bill.
    I ditto this comment.

https://www.interstateguns.com/firea...ms-tacpac.html

Sig p365 with safety-tacpac. $529.99. Come with 3x 12 round mags, holster, factory night sites, and its a sig lol

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    179.00 ???? I would buy a second one for that price. Where did he see it ???
    I'm not sure. I think it may have been an old add. Cheapest I'm seeing now is $210 at Rural King.

(Susquehanna County)

With those parameters I’d go with the P365 with the thumb safety

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs4421 View Post
    With those parameters I*d go with the P365 with the thumb safety
    The more research and reading he is doing, the less he is concerned about the thumb safety. He is realizing striker-fired pistols are safe without a manual safety, and the real safety is in the operator, not the gun. I think he is leaning toward the Canik TP9 SC Elite. It has tremendous reviews, and it seems most are impressed with the trigger. Price is great, too.

(Beaver County)

I have a G2C that I carry every day and it's great. It's such a comfortable gun to hold and shoot that my friend Shay bought herself one after shooting mine replacing her Sig SP2022 as her bedside gun and my dad bought one to replace his CCW Kahr CM9. I've shot mine a ton since I got it in early 2019. Very reliable, great grip texture, magazines are cheap (less than $30 generally). The only real "downside" is that the sights kind of suck. They are adjustable which is nice, mine shot perfectly to point of aim when I got it, but I replaced them with steel fixed sights from Lakeline LLC. They cost about $30 and there's no been change in point of aim versus point of impact. I also have a flat base plate from Lakeline for my carry magazine ($6 if I recall) and that's great because it's easier to conceal this way.

(Bucks County)

I love my p365 and stopped looking for new carry guns when I got it. Springfield xd has a subcompact with a grip safety that might fit the bill.
    I adopted the wife's 9mm XDSC. It is a bit chunkier than some of the more recent offerings but I love it. It's extremely accurate, the stock trigger is pretty good, and the flush mag holds 13 rounds and 16 in the full sized ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast