Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default How Bad are Things in Philly Right Now

I need to take my wife to the Hospital at the University of PA on Wednesday morning and I am wondering how bad things are there.

All I see on the news is rioting, shootings, looting, the TV news make it look like the city is out of control.

Any and all information on what to look for and where not to go will be greatly appreciated.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: How Bad are Things in Philly Right Now

Things are calm. No reason to be alarmed at this time. This is especially true of your destination. All the action took place downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by flejl View Post
    I need to take my wife to the Hospital at the University of PA on Wednesday morning and I am wondering how bad things are there.

All I see on the news is rioting, shootings, looting, the TV news make it look like the city is out of control.

Any and all information on what to look for and where not to go will be greatly appreciated.

(Philadelphia County)

Is the news still reporting of riots and looting? You should be pretty safe in that area,I'm guessing you'll be traveling by way of the expressway rather than winding your way through surrounding neighborhoods.There is almost always a strong police and security presence in that area.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Things have calmed down significantly. You shouldn't have any issues by staying on major routes. Listen to KYW1060 for any last minute traffic issues.

There have been sporadic small peaceful protest marches starting after noon, but nothing that would affect safety during travel.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Things have calmed down significantly. You shouldn't have any issues by staying on major routes. Listen to KYW1060 for any last minute traffic issues.

There have been sporadic small peaceful protest marches starting after noon, but nothing that would affect safety during travel.
    Until they peacefully take over a roadway without notice in order to force drivers to be "inconvenienced" because "If blacks can be murdered by cops every day, you can afford to be inconvenienced for a few minutes - or a few hours - or we may drag you out of your car and stomp you to death if you blow your horn."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Until they peacefully take over a roadway without notice in order to force drivers to be "inconvenienced" because "If blacks can be murdered by cops every day, you can afford to be inconvenienced for a few minutes - or a few hours - or we may drag you out of your car and stomp you to death if you blow your horn."
    To be honest, the current protests don't seem to have those agitators in them. It seems now, everybody wants to host a protest march or vigil. Six today, four scheduled for tomorrow. All over the city. City Hall seems to be a main gathering or ending point though. Now that the Rizzo Statue has been removed, it took some of popularity out of the Municipal Service Building location.

(Northampton County)

The major TV news channels love to show things that shock people and grab attention, so they tend to show only the bad things that happen there. Normally I watch the local TV news since it has been more based upon facts and not hype.

The last time I took the wife to see the doctors at UPenn was back in March, just before the virus craziness started.

With all of the stories I see from the Philly news channels, I started to feel like I need to get my "Snake Plissken" suit ready or reschedule the appointment (not something we want to do). It is really sad the media does this because we have met allot of very nice people in Philly while taking my wife there fore health care.

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by flejl; June 9th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.

If you do get shot, we've been told that Temple Health's gunshot unit REALLY CARES.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

I'm at 20th and Market right now. Very quite, not many people walking around. Quite a bit of boarded up windows, but some stores open, even with the boards. Quite a few shut though, thinks that's more Covid the disturbance.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Northampton County)

All,

We made the trip to Upenn. in Philly yesterday, thankfully all was very quiet.

Thank You everyone for all of your help on this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast