Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Rex Delta vs Canik TP9 SC - need assistance.

I have my eye on one of two 9mm striker fire pistols - the Arex Rex Delta and the Canik TP9 Elite subcompact for different reasons. I like the TP9 for its size, light trigger pull and its setup to install a red dot. I like the Delta for the weight (20 oz), 4 inch barrel and 4 changeable back straps. Unfortunately I can't actually put one in my hand to see it because none of the dealers near me have them. Does anyone have any first hand experience with one or both of these pistols?

Thank you
    PistolFan

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Rex Delta vs Canik TP9 SC - need assistance.

I have experience with the Rex Delta. It functioned well with various types of ammo , it was a good size, low bore access, breaks down without pulling the trigger first, it fits Glock 19 Holsters and came with a 15 and a 17 magazine. What I hated was the trigger. I knew when I bought it had a heavier trigger. However they never smoothened it out. It was worse than those older S&W MP triggers that everyone swapped out with an apex trigger kit.
    Because of the trigger my shots were inconsistent and it was uncomfortable to shoot to the point that I did not even like to shoot it.
    The outcome; Approx six weeks later I put it on consignment sale just before the Covid 19 buying panic and it sold.

If they would improve the trigger or if Apex comes out with a trigger kit for it might be worth a try, but until then I give it a thumbs down.
    I suspect that is why the handgun never became very popular.

Here's a on line review https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/are...#axzz6OevKRA7d

On that website the reviewer says;

I found the factory trigger to be a bit too rough. Not just the pull, but the actual profile of the trigger was a bit abusive on the finger. FIME assured us that the final version would be much smoother
    Final version? So I assume that means the Rex Delta handguns on the market are beta products. Another reason to pass.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; June 7th, 2020 at 03:09 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Rex Delta vs Canik TP9 SC - need assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I have experience with the Rex Delta. It functioned well with various types of ammo , it was a good size, low bore access, breaks down without pulling the trigger first, it fits Glock 19 Holsters and came with a 15 and a 17 magazine. What I hated was the trigger. I knew when I bought it had a heavier trigger. However they never smoothened it out. It was worse than those older S&W MP triggers that everyone swapped out with an apex trigger kit.
    Because of the trigger my shots were inconsistent and it was uncomfortable to shoot to the point that I did not even like to shoot it.
    The outcome; Approx six weeks later I put it on consignment sale just before the Covid 19 buying panic and it sold.

If they would improve the trigger or if Apex comes out with a trigger kit for it might be worth a try, but until then I give it a thumbs down.
    I suspect that is why the handgun never became very popular.

Here's a on line review https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/are...#axzz6OevKRA7d

On that website the reviewer says;

Final version? So I assume that means the Rex Delta handguns on the market are beta products. Another reason to pass.
    Thank you for your helpful insight on the Rex Delta. Right now I'm leaning away from it because of the trigger and the sharp edges I heard one youtuber complain about.