Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: "carry insurance" options

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Have USCCA for 3 years. Top notch IMO. Would like to attend thier EXPO some year if would be closer to us.
    I went to their expo when it was in Pittsburgh. Very nice and definately worth the time. My son won a Sig.

(Lehigh County)

This site breaks the offerings down a bit.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/conce...parison-chart/

(Allegheny County)

That's a great overview. I've been looking at them and am 50/50 USCCA and US Law Shield. US Law Shield is a bit cheaper and you can add on extras in an a la carte fashion. With USCCA it's a little bit more, but they also have lots of online content, magazines, training, and more. So I'm leaning towards USCCA at the moment. I will say US Law Shield has given some great free in person seminars at 5.11 and PMSC on PA Gun Laws and they have been very helpful.

US Law Shield here.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    This site breaks the offerings down a bit.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/conce...parison-chart/
    Thanks for this going to go.over it this week and move forward in this since I've been putting it off for years.

I've been wanting to sign up for USCCA or years but never have.

As I was getting into the car to go to the rally this week that was "cancelled" due to a "threat", the thought popped into my head...

"Maybe I should have signed up for USCCA already".
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Have USCCA for 3 years. Top notch IMO. Would like to attend thier EXPO some year if would be closer to us.
    Last year was Pittsburgh!

Tim Schmidt, the founder of USCCA, spoke at our 2A rally a year or two ago in the Rotunda.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

(Butler County)

Pardon my ignorance to all of this, as I'm just now starting to look into it. With PA's laws on "civil immunity" for justifiable self defense, does that have any implication on any of the choices above? Meaning some of the "features" of one companies product may not be as necessary vs if you lived in a state that didn't have it? Or maybe it makes no difference?
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Pardon my ignorance to all of this, as I'm just now starting to look into it. With PA's laws on "civil immunity" for justifiable self defense, does that have any implication on any of the choices above? Meaning some of the "features" of one companies product may not be as necessary vs if you lived in a state that didn't have it? Or maybe it makes no difference?
    Not a lawyer, but would hazard it wouldn't matter for the main points of any plan. A lot happens before you get to court and they rule an incident was justified. A swift and speedy trial means it has to start within a year or so. In the meantime, who's getting evidence, who's advocating for you, who's there when you give a statement? Will it be written or verbal? The state trooper's guidelines tell them to wait three days before giving any testimony so their adrenaline has a chance to flush out and they can calm back down. In the heat of the moment will you remember to tell the police to give you that time as well? Do you have the money for the bail bond or otherwise plan on hanging out in jail until the case? Do you know any expert witnesses that will testify on your behalf? Do you know what they charge per hour? And now, with general tensions high, do you think any case will be a quick but and dry one, or a drawn-out pandemic and race fueled event that would take years? For me, the peace of mind is worth the $20-$50/month. (That said, I still need to flip the coin between US Law and USCCA.)

As an aside, US Law has been sending out e-mails talking about waiving the $20 set-up fee. If you go for the yearly option, they'll throw in an extra month or two to start off if you ask. For USCCA, the $47 is for the top plan, there's two below, the lowest being $22 or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast