Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Upper Bucks, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    A laser on a shotgun is pretty bad

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    18,789
    Rep Power
    21474869

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    A laser on a shotgun is pretty bad
    Not if it's in the 40W range.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,548
    Rep Power
    9055304

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Will someone p!ease explain to me why this is so "stupid"?

    I'm either very ignorant or extremely imaginative and resourceful. I can at least come up with some plausible uses.
    The simple answer is because the top of the gun is for aiming. It doesn't matter that you can still see the bead under the rail because a large portion of your view is obstructed by a goddamn shell carrier that should either go on the side of the receiver or the side of the stock. Also, putting a shell carrier on a rail period just seems like someone desperate to put more rails and more crap on their gun.
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Blair County, Pennsylvania
    (Blair County)
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    4675037

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    it is dumb but to classify it as the worst i don't know have you seen the dido ar grip they may make it for the shotgun

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    The simple answer is because the top of the gun is for aiming. It doesn't matter that you can still see the bead under the rail because a large portion of your view is obstructed by a goddamn shell carrier that should either go on the side of the receiver or the side of the stock. Also, putting a shell carrier on a rail period just seems like someone desperate to put more rails and more crap on their gun.
    Thank you.

    I agree that it isn't optimal, but I can't say that it is any more dumberer than rail mounted bayonets. And for something like a Shockwave, you don't really aim normally anyway, so it wouldn't be as much of an interference. (Cue the "shockwaves suck for home defense" response from someone. )
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,548
    Rep Power
    9055304

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    And for something like a Shockwave, you don't really aim normally anyway, so it wouldn't be as much of an interference. (Cue the "shockwaves suck for home defense" response from someone. )
    Your expectation from that post is that people will debate you on whether shockwaves suck for home defense? That was so painful to read. If you think a pistol grip only shotgun is a good weapon because it's compact then measure it and a proper shotgun with a stock from your shoulder to the muzzle. People who have a goddamn clue what they're doing and want to keep all of their teeth, extend PGO shotguns out far enough that you actually make it longer than just using a stock. That comment about not aiming is easily the most alarmingly ignorant statement I've heard in recent memory.
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Your expectation from that post is that people will debate you on whether shockwaves suck for home defense? That was so painful to read. If you think a pistol grip only shotgun is a good weapon because it's compact then measure it and a proper shotgun with a stock from your shoulder to the muzzle. People who have a goddamn clue what they're doing and want to keep all of their teeth, extend PGO shotguns out far enough that you actually make it longer than just using a stock. That comment about not aiming is easily the most alarmingly ignorant statement I've heard in recent memory.
    First off, curb your tone with me, son. Just because you have "shotgun" in your user name doesn't make you the only one with experience using one on this forum. Secondly, I asked a simple question and recieved hostilty and condescension for no reason, which is just rude behavior.

    As for the shockwave-style shotgun (firearm, really), I disagree with you. Owning one and having played with one quite a bit for the past month or so, I actually like it more than I would have expected and find it to have a legitimate place in my collection, especially as it pertains to having a "shotgun" that is legal to carry in a vehicle during states of emergency, etc. I find that a 20 guage is very easy to shoot reasonably accurately at sub-50' distances and without losing any teeth. They provide benefits beyond that of a handgun alone and without inviting the BATFE into my house once i acquire a tax stamp for an SBS. If you've ever shot instinctive bow, rather than one with sights, you'd find it very much the same, once you developed the sight reference from having used it. No, it may not be as good as a stocked shotgun, but it is legal where stocked shotguns are not, and therefore the better option.

    Feel free fo disagree.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    4,475
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    First off, curb your tone with me, son. Just because you have "shotgun" in your user name doesn't make you the only one with experience using one on this forum. Secondly, I asked a simple question and recieved hostilty and condescension for no reason, which is just rude behavior.

    As for the shockwave-style shotgun (firearm, really), I disagree with you. Owning one and having played with one quite a bit for the past month or so, I actually like it more than I would have expected and find it to have a legitimate place in my collection, especially as it pertains to having a "shotgun" that is legal to carry in a vehicle during states of emergency, etc. I find that a 20 guage is very easy to shoot reasonably accurately at sub-50' distances and without losing any teeth. They provide benefits beyond that of a handgun alone and without inviting the BATFE into my house once i acquire a tax stamp for an SBS. If you've ever shot instinctive bow, rather than one with sights, you'd find it very much the same, once you developed the sight reference from having used it. No, it may not be as good as a stocked shotgun, but it is legal where stocked shotguns are not, and therefore the better option.

    Feel free fo disagree.
    Maybe he thought it was you that made a mess with the garbage cans at the range.

    I think this might actually be dumber but the bewbies look nice.


  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    18,789
    Rep Power
    21474869

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Maybe he thought it was you that made a mess with the garbage cans at the range.

    I think this might actually be dumber but the bewbies look nice.

    Looks like something Red Jacket would make.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,548
    Rep Power
    9055304

    Default Re: Stupidest product for a shotgun?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Maybe he thought it was you that made a mess with the garbage cans at the range.

    I think this might actually be dumber but the bewbies look nice.

    I've actually been looking for a Winchester pump for a while but I'd throw everything that's on it in the fuckin' trash and set it on fire.

    I still clean up some motherfucker's trash every time I go to the range, I just don't complain about it anymore. Here anyway. Boxes from auto parts, pieces of wood, travel size bottles of shampoo ...
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 10th, 2019, 08:18 PM
  2. New Shotgun Shell Carrier Product!
    By Misery Loves Shotguns in forum Shotguns
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 18th, 2015, 08:15 PM
  3. This has to be the stupidest poll I have ever seen!
    By Damage control in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM
  4. Stupidest Toy Gun EVER...
    By LorDiego01 in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •