Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Central PA group shoot. July 18th, 2020

Well after speaking with Pahuntingfool, it seems he'd like to do the shoot this summer. I'm on board, if y'all are too. Just gotta schedule some time off. So it looks like July 18th is going to be the day. Pahuntingfool is hosting at his farm in Clinton county, PA as usual. Greatest thanks to him for trying to get this going again, even on short notice.

Now the usual stuff:

This is a very relaxed atmosphere and a good time was had by all that attended. Most everything will be the same as last year, but here's the just of it.

This is open to all pafoa members and there families. Any one under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian please. This is a free event. We will more than likely ask for voluntary donations to help offset some of the costs, but there is no charge to attend.
    The shoot will start @ 10am, with a short safety briefing and will go until, well whenever. Again there's really no time constraints due to this being private. At some point we'll have to call it to clean up, but we will play that one by ear for the day.

The range itself is a farm field on a mountain side. We will setup some cover for the day and some benches/tables to shoot off of, but be prepared to be out in a field in the sun (probably not the best time to try out your new tactical flip flops). There is a gravel road most of the way there, but it does not go all the way to the range. We will have a couple of 4 wheel drive trucks to take people up and down if they can't walk it. If you are someone with a disability, or are bringing someone with a disability and can't make a short hike up to the range please pm me and I'll see what I can do to help accommodate. Also there are not any bathroom facilities, it's a field, there is an outhouse by the parking area. We will setup a propane grill and a table for any food anyone would like to bring and coolers for drinks.

Even though this is private ground and a relaxed event there will still be safety rules. Please once the shoot starts keep all firearms not on the line unloaded with the chamber open. The exception will be carried firearms, both oc and concealed. Please leave any carried firearms holstered at all times. We will have people acting as RO's and calling the line. Please listen to whomever is calling line. If you are new to shooting or have any questions as to how this is going to run, please ask them. There are no dumb questions when it comes to safety and guns. If you want to know something before you go feel free to pm me and I'll explain more.

This is going to be a relaxed day of plinking and socializing. We have no time constraints and there will be plenty of opportunity to try out guns. This is not a match or a training course. I hope everyone will be able to come and have a good time. If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, Ravensburg State park is only a few miles away and has free camping sites. It is a nice small state park with a trout stream running through the middle.

Anyone wanting to attend please respond below and let us know how many will be coming and if you are volunteering to bring anything or help out with something. I will post the directions to the event below. Any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

As with last year pretty much anything goes for targets, except glass and tannerite. Just please remember we have to clean up anything that gets shot up at the end of the day.

If you're going to bring out the full auto toys please let me know in advance. We can accommodate just about anything (last year we had a gatling gun there), but it is much easier to set things up if we have an idea in advance.

Any questions, comments, suggestions feel free to post here or pm me and I'll get back to ya. I had a lot of fun with this last year and I think everyone else that attended did as well. Hope to see those of you I know again this year and I hope to meet some more of you as well. See ya in July.

Rob

Edit: I don't think the campsites at Ravensburg are open at the moment and I don't know if they're going to be this year. I wouldn't plan on that being an option.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Central PA group shoot. July 18th, 2020

Directions:
    From I-80 the East or West. Take I 80 to exit 192, Jersey Shore SR880. From the East turn left onto East Valley RD, from the west turn right. Follow this for App 1 mile and turn right onto SR 880 North. Follow SR 880 North for App 6 miles and turn left onto Knarr RD. The road to the farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left, I'll put up a sign here. This is just past Ravensburg State Park on 880, so when you pass the park start looking for Knarr road.

From I 180/ Sr 220: Take the Main St. Jersey Shore exit and follow Main St. to rt 44 South (First Red Light). Turn left onto sr44 South and go over bridge. Follow this for App 3.7 miles and turn right onto Sr 880 South. Follow Sr 880 South for App 3 miles and turn right onto Knarr Rd. The farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left.

From Rt 15: From the south follow 15 North to I-80 West and follow those directions from there. From the North follow 15 south to I 180/sr220. Take I-180 West/ Sr 220 South and follow the directions from there.

If anyone needs more in the way of directions please feel free to pm me.

(Lycoming County)

Reserved for important updates.

(Clinton County)

In.

Can I bring the black powder signal cannons? I can string out some e-matches so I don't have to cross the firing line to set them off and I'll use non flammable wadding to eliminate any fire hazard.

Still might be able to donate that demo derby car to shoot. I wasn't able to get in touch with PAHUNTINGFOOL at all last year. Maybe you can find out for me RL?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Elk County)

Well, the PA Jeeps All Breeds Show in Carlisle got cancelled due to the CV, so that w/e is now open. Have to see if the wife is interested in going shooting on her birthday . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Well, the PA Jeeps All Breeds Show in Carlisle got cancelled due to the CV, so that w/e is now open. Have to see if the wife is interested in going shooting on her birthday . . .

Noah
    Tell her you want to celebrate her birthday the whole month of July and this is but ONE of the ways you are celebrating it!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

I'm in this year. Heat or not. Have a new carbine tricked out but not been shot yet. Will trade ammo for guidance zeroing in the Romeo red dot.
    New to rifles I am.

Unfortunately my schedule will not work for this year.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I should know soon, but hope to make it.. I'll even bring Emptymag again if he can go

(Lackawanna County)

I'm looking forward to finally be able to come this year. I know I can't compete with candied-bacon donuts but I'll figure out some good grub to bring
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast