Default Re: Central PA group shoot. July 18th, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Cindy and I will be there.
    Way to go!!!!
    - bamboomaster

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I was there once - good time. QUESTION - will the HOT WINGS be there? They were great....
    Bring enough hotwings for 40 - you'll be glad you did and so will your new-found friends....

With everyone being quarrantined and all (Uh-huh...) now is probably a good time to test out your recipe for the rest of us ...

When I lived in Hawaii (for 14 years in the way-back machine), if you were invited to a party, dinner, etc. you always brought your best recipe, and lots of it. If you just showed up with a couple of bags of chips and dips (NOOBS who recently moved there), you landed on the "Never invite these folks ever again" social memo pad.

Well, that's one dark side of Hawaiian social courtesy....
    Last edited by bamboomaster; June 7th, 2020 at 03:55 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    We've got a grand-baby coming around then. Already figured out our Plan B - the missus goes to take care of the baby and I have to drag all my stuff to the best shoot I've ever seen. Umm, I may need some help in set-up and take-down. While the Covid thing made me work out with weights during the lockdown, it may be possible that I still need some assistance from you younger bucks...

Thanks guys - can't wait to meet you - again! We'll bring a pavillion tent, some water, plenty of ice and a few things some of you may have never shot at your range. Be kind to all - bring your favorite dish that serves at least 12, etc.

And for those of you who haven't been here before, bring your pop-up pavillion for possible shade considerations and plenty of "cooler" hydration. If you don't already own them, get them, NOW!!! Showing up without a pop-up during a July summer shoot or a cooler to assist other folks is like showing up without your magazines...

Don't be that guy...

Just to let other folks know, the best part of this shoot for us is being asked to shoot other folks firearms that we never imagined existed.

We trade in kind....you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, we know there's a lot of work for clean-up afterwards, so bring a few over-sized trash bags just to take ANY litter off the property and properly inserted into your dumpster.

Especially if you want to be invited back next year...
    I may be able to be of assistance, I'll try to make it happen. You go up on Friday?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Ok, we definitely need to set off this years shoot with the 2" thundermug. We always rock the mountains out there, let's start it off with a BOOM! I can even do it remotely with an ematch with a countdown and then open fire on my signal. No fire risk at all either.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Ok, we definitely need to set off this years shoot with the 2" thundermug. We always rock the mountains out there, let's start it off with a BOOM! I can even do it remotely with an ematch with a countdown and then open fire on my signal. No fire risk at all either.
    Can I hold it over my shoulder with a tater inside?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Can I hold it over my shoulder with a tater inside?
    It has a handle on it, you could probably hip fire it, 80s style haha.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Chester County)

Checking Ravensburg State Park website and as of 6/5/20 the campsites, swimming areas etc are open now. Any local knowledge to the contrary RL?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Checking Ravensburg State Park website and as of 6/5/20 the campsites, swimming areas etc are open now. Any local knowledge to the contrary RL?
    Idk if you've been to ravensburg. It's nice that there isn't usually more than 4 campsites occupied. But its damp and the bugs are terrible. I've not seen a swimming area there. If I can make it this year I think I'll stay at bald eagle. It was almost $30 a night at ravensburg.

God damn I'm sad I can't make it this year. I might call off with the COVID.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    We've got a grand-baby coming around then. Already figured out our Plan B - the missus goes to take care of the baby and I have to drag all my stuff to the best shoot I've ever seen. Umm, I may need some help in set-up and take-down. While the Covid thing made me work out with weights during the lockdown, it may be possible that I still need some assistance from you younger bucks...

Thanks guys - can't wait to meet you - again! We'll bring a pavillion tent, some water, plenty of ice and a few things some of you may have never shot at your range. Be kind to all - bring your favorite dish that serves at least 12, etc.

And for those of you who haven't been here before, bring your pop-up pavillion for possible shade considerations and plenty of "cooler" hydration. If you don't already own them, get them, NOW!!! Showing up without a pop-up during a July summer shoot or a cooler to assist other folks is like showing up without your magazines...

Don't be that guy...

Just to let other folks know, the best part of this shoot for us is being asked to shoot other folks firearms that we never imagined existed.

We trade in kind....you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, we know there's a lot of work for clean-up afterwards, so bring a few over-sized trash bags just to take ANY litter off the property and properly inserted into your dumpster.

Especially if you want to be invited back next year...
    Don't know if I'm still a "young buck" but I'll be sure to give you a hand.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast