Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clearfield County)

Default I think Ruger might actually be retarded

So all the way back on 4/16 I ordered a magwell for my 7.62x39 Ruger American to convert it to use AR mags. Lady tells me they will email a receipt and ship it out tomorrow. I hear nothing from them for two weeks so I call again on 4/30. Different lady tells me "Oh they had to make it, it will ship out tomorrow. Once again I hear nothing from them for two weeks So somewhere around 5/20 I file a dispute with the credit card company and get a refund, which gets approved on 5/24. Today I find a padded envelope in the mail from a company I don't recognize, and it doesn't look like any of my ebay crap. When I open it I find a shipping list of a magwell (which I ordered), two action screws (which I did not order), a mag latch installer (which I didn't order, and wouldn't need) and a pin (for the magwell that is already on the rifle, which I didn't order and don't need). The shipping list was dated 5/28, and the post mark 5/29, both well after the dispute, and I got no email saying it was coming.

And the icing on this clusterfuck? There was no magwell in the fucking package.

(Chester County)

Default Re: I think Ruger might actually be retarded

I know it's frustrating when an order gets bollixed up - sorry you had to go through it.

Since I own several Rugers (several of their BP .457 revolvers - the most accurate BP revolvers EVER, their 44 Mag Super Blackhawk, and their 6.5 Creedmoor), about two years ago, I started thinking about Ruger (RGR) as a company with some fantastic firearms and forward thinking innovations instead of as a supply/parts depot.

Which, when the market started melting down earlier this year, compelled me to buy 500 shares of the stock on 3/13/2020 at $42.65. Today (6/1/2020) it closed at $68.20, nearly a record high. The approximate $12,700 profit on this investment tells me RGR knows what it's doing on a broad scale and that other investors believe in its possible future performance - which may need to take a breather from its current trajectory.

Of course, the riots helped propel the price of the stock and the demand for its firearms...

That's not excusing what you experienced, but it may be the exception rather than the rule.
    - bamboomaster

(Beaver County)

No magwell in the package ... Good god, man. I have a similar level of disgust for Ruger after my GP100's cylinder would lock up and take probably a 50 pound trigger pull to get it to move, my LC9S had a broken guide rod and magazine release, and my PCC decided it got sick of EJECTING spent casings and would rather smash them between the bolt and ejection port. I actually sent the PCC back to them because my wife and family really enjoyed shooting, I did too but I hated the controls. Anyway, it came back with no change. 1 mag into the first range trip back, it resumed crunching brass and I was done with it. I don't think there's anything they could possibly produce that would make me buy another firearm by them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    No magwell in the package ... Good god, man. I have a similar level of disgust for Ruger after my GP100's cylinder would lock up and take probably a 50 pound trigger pull to get it to move, my LC9S had a broken guide rod and magazine release, and my PCC decided it got sick of EJECTING spent casings and would rather smash them between the bolt and ejection port. I actually sent the PCC back to them because my wife and family really enjoyed shooting, I did too but I hated the controls. Anyway, it came back with no change. 1 mag into the first range trip back, it resumed crunching brass and I was done with it. I don't think there's anything they could possibly produce that would make me buy another firearm by them.
    My Vaqeuros never had an issue, thankfully, lol
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Carbon County)

Thirty years ago Ruger was considered the best made American rifle, mostly by Gunshops and Gunsmiths. Not the most accurate, but not made as cheaply as other American rifles. Most of the Gunshop owners I talked to said they had the least problems with Ruger's new guns. I guess they are going the way of Marlin lever actions now.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    My (former) LC9S was my least-favorite pistol I ever owned.
    DGAF

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    Thirty years ago Ruger was considered the best made American rifle, mostly by Gunshops and Gunsmiths. Not the most accurate, but not made as cheaply as other American rifles. Most of the Gunshop owners I talked to said they had the least problems with Ruger's new guns. I guess they are going the way of Marlin lever actions now.
    It isn't a problem with the gun, its a baffling incompetence in customer service.

(Carbon County)

Check the post after mine.

(Montgomery County)

Shipping in general seems to be all sorts of messed up over the last couple of months. I’ve been ordering plenty of stuff from Amazon, Walmart, etc. other than longer than normal shipping times overall I’d say things have been pretty decent. Three times from two different merchants I‘ve had issues though for stupid stuff too. The first was a curtain rod from Amazon. Ordered way back in March. Tracking bounced from PA to Ohio to NJ then it seemed to disappear. I waited until Amazon told me I could request a refund and got it. Then it magically turned up at my door about a week later which was sometime in late May looking like it had been run over by a truck. So, two months or so for a curtain rod. The second were some screen protectors for my son’s new phone. Order from Amazon in early May. Estimated delivery was late May which was fine because the phone was back ordered as well. The phone arrived a few days before June. Tracking on the protectors just said shipped on 5/13. No location information or updates or anything. Ordered different protectors and got them. Waited to request the refund for the first ones, got it, then they showed up a day or two after that around 6/9. Go figure. Last one are some LED shop lights I ordered from Sam’s Club for my attic I‘ve been working on. Order on 6/2. Still haven’t shipped. I tried chatting with their customer service last night. I was 184 in queue to be helped. I just turned the computer off and walked away.