Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Have LTCF , But can I carry a loaded rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by flejl View Post
    Having been forced to travel to/from, and in "high crime" areas for various reasons outside of my control in my lifetime; sometime while alone, sometime with co-workers, other times with seriously ill family members, I would say it is advisable to have a good plan on how to deal with a bad situation if that comes up.

I would add I have also been approached by we will say "elements with no good intention in mind" on ocasion and for me, these are the steps I have thought out:

1. Whatever item(s) you plan to use for self defense, practce with them frequently, understand how they function and how to use them well before hand, do not try to
    learn at time of need.
    2. Avoid a problem if possible. Meaning if in a car and someone you do not know is coming at you and trying to get in to your car or worse, leave, run a traffic light, etc
    3. Call 911, ID yourself and the issue, then put the phone on speaker so actions are recorded
    4. If you cannot leave, place yourself in the best position you can for what will happen next.
    5. If all else fails, you will need to make some very hard decisions next, these will very likely have serious implications to you, your family, and possibly others involved.

Since I have an LTCF, when I travel to a "questionable area", at minmum I have one or more loaded pistols with me in my car or on my person.
    If traveling to a "questionable area" at night and with my wife, I may also include my 12 guage Shockwave.

If confronted by a bad situation, then I have already been following step #1 for a long time, so I follow the remaining steps listed above.

Jusy my opinion, others may have different views.
    All good advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Having been forced to travel to/from, and in "high crime" areas for various reasons outside of my control in my lifetime; sometime while alone, sometime with co-workers, other times with seriously ill family members, I would say it is advisable to have a good plan on how to deal with a bad situation if that comes up.

I would add I have also been approached by we will say "elements with no good intention in mind" on ocasion and for me, these are the steps I have thought out:

1. Whatever item(s) you plan to use for self defense, practce with them frequently, understand how they function and how to use them well before hand, do not try to
    learn at time of need.
    2. Avoid a problem if possible. Meaning if in a car and someone you do not know is coming at you and trying to get in to your car or worse, leave, run a traffic light, etc
    3. Call 911, ID yourself and the issue, then put the phone on speaker so actions are recorded
    4. If you cannot leave, place yourself in the best position you can for what will happen next.
    5. If all else fails, you will need to make some very hard decisions next, these will very likely have serious implications to you, your family, and possibly others involved.

Since I have an LTCF, when I travel to a "questionable area", at minmum I have one or more loaded pistols with me in my car or on my person.
    If traveling to a "questionable area" at night and with my wife, I may also include my 12 guage Shockwave.

If confronted by a bad situation, then I have already been following step #1 for a long time, so I follow the remaining steps listed above.

Jusy my opinion, others may have different views.
    Some type of Dashcam (that can survive) can be very helpful showing why you did what you had to do.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    11.5" AR pistol is your answer.
    This

(Montgomery County)

I have an AR pistol and I have had it with me in vehicles before, but the more I think on this, a large reload mag for your carry pistol is probably the best option to me. I carry a Glock 26, 33 round mags are available (and I have a few), and I already carry a 27 round PMAG in my multi tool holster as an optional reload in addition to a G19 mag with an XGrip on it. So, I may toss a 33 rounder in my console and grab it if things are going extremely sideways beyond normal "worst day of your life" scenarios...

(York County)

Flegl, That's actually pretty well explained. I've had Ayoobs MAG 40 and he does a very good job. I cannot recommend the course highly enough. But the lawyer in the vid puts the details across in an easily understandable manner. I'm constantly amazed at the number of people, especially lately, who haven't a clue about the law relating to firearms use and deadly force.

(Cumberland County)

I was surprised when I found out it is legal to carry a loaded shockwave in vehicle. The only problem would be do 100% of Police know that? If anything ever happened you might spend some time in the pokey until they figured it out!

Think Mossberg shockwave, it is a firearm, not a rifle or shotgun.
    It is small enough to maneuver inside a car and really packs a punch.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Northampton County)

I would expect that if it comes to the point you have to defend yourself or your family, regardless of facts you will end up there anyway.

The world has become a crazy place, things like "right and wrong" seem to no longer apply and a surprising number of the general public as well as most of the news media seem to be very against firearms, so not matter what expect to be painted as the villain no matter what and you will have to prove otherwise... but only after you survive the bad situation.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by flejl; September 28th, 2020 at 09:05 AM.

(Chester County)

I found this video.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123