Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Have LTCF , But can I carry a loaded rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    one more thing - consider the implications of exiting your vehicle and then employing lethal force. Castle doctrine applies in an occupied vehicle, but getting out to retrieve a rifle depending on the circumstances could be questionable. Just a thought to be aware of.
    Yep. Never exit your vehicle unless your life is threatened.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Yep. Never exit your vehicle unless your life is threatened.
    Say what ? leave the protection of a enclosed motor vehicle if you are being threatened...I dont think so, my vehicle is my protection. I will never get to the point where I have to leave my 5000 lb enclosure in an angry mob , they will become speed bumps and crash test dummies first. they can be fought off quite nicely from inside with a handgun to get you to a safe space

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Say what ? leave the protection of a enclosed motor vehicle if you are being threatened...I dont think so, my vehicle is my protection. I will never get to the point where I have to leave my 5000 lb enclosure in an angry mob , they will become speed bumps and crash test dummies first. they can be fought off quite nicely from inside with a handgun to get you to a safe space
    I read that as "never leave your vehicle unless your life is threatened by remaining inside it." For example, if the vehicle is on fire, or about to be hit by a semi, etc.

But maybe I was being too generous with my interpretation. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I was day dreaming of a rambo scene,

Yes, drive over the sumbiches, thats the only way to get out of trouble besides the above I posted.

(Northampton County)

Think Mossberg shockwave, it is a firearm, not a rifle or shotgun.
    It is small enough to maneuver inside a car and really packs a punch.

(Bucks County)

Being inside of a vehicle under described circumstances is bad no matter what. Someone behind you breaks the rear window and has a lit molotov in an about to be thrown into your interior hold, so you accelerate floored to stay alive, and run down, maim and or kill people who were not posed in as threatening a manner....guess who loses in the cold light of day. Maybe not criminally, but civilly. Jury is not allowed to know your insurance coverage amount. You and family are now homeless. To make matters worse, insurance companies can decide to settle, destroying your posture in the case.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Carrying a 300 BO AR pistol with brace, 4 extra mags. Glock 19 on my belt, 4 more mags (two 33-rounders). Have body armor in back seat and a set of electronic hearing protection. Ideally, I'll use none of it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Being inside of a vehicle under described circumstances is bad no matter what. Someone behind you breaks the rear window and has a lit molotov in an about to be thrown into your interior hold, so you accelerate floored to stay alive, and run down, maim and or kill people who were not posed in as threatening a manner....guess who loses in the cold light of day. Maybe not criminally, but civilly. Jury is not allowed to know your insurance coverage amount. You and family are now homeless. To make matters worse, insurance companies can decide to settle, destroying your posture in the case.
    I don't think they can take your house. They can put a lien against it so you can't get any money selling it, but you can't be tossed out.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Northampton County)

Having been forced to travel to/from, and in "high crime" areas for various reasons outside of my control in my lifetime; sometime while alone, sometime with co-workers, other times with seriously ill family members, I would say it is advisable to have a good plan on how to deal with a bad situation if that comes up.

I would add I have also been approached by we will say "elements with no good intention in mind" on ocasion and for me, these are the steps I have thought out:

1. Whatever item(s) you plan to use for self defense, practce with them frequently, understand how they function and how to use them well before hand, do not try to
    learn at time of need.
    2. Avoid a problem if possible. Meaning if in a car and someone you do not know is coming at you and trying to get in to your car or worse, leave, run a traffic light, etc
    3. Call 911, ID yourself and the issue, then put the phone on speaker so actions are recorded
    4. If you cannot leave, place yourself in the best position you can for what will happen next.
    5. If all else fails, you will need to make some very hard decisions next, these will very likely have serious implications to you, your family, and possibly others involved.

Since I have an LTCF, when I travel to a "questionable area", at minmum I have one or more loaded pistols with me in my car or on my person.
    If traveling to a "questionable area" at night and with my wife, I may also include my 12 guage Shockwave.

If confronted by a bad situation, then I have already been following step #1 for a long time, so I follow the remaining steps listed above.

Jusy my opinion, others may have different views.

(Northampton County)

Here is a very good video to consider for people reading this thread.

Just my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN5XDbgLew8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast