Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default So Monroe County is in yellow phase now... is the SGL 127 range open?

My roommate is 21 and has never fired a gun before. Crazy, I know, but he expressed an interest in learning to shoot a couple of months ago. However, public ranges were closed due to the lockdown. As far as I know, public ranges are open in all yellow phase counties, but I want to make absolutely sure before we go and start shooting tomorrow or Tuesday. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by TheAlchemist; May 31st, 2020 at 06:20 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: So Monroe County is in yellow phase now... is the SGL 127 range open?

PGC FB page-
    MORE REGION OFFICES AND SHOOTING RANGES REOPENING IN YELLOW PHASE-- The Pennsylvania Game Commission reopened shooting ranges on additional state game lands in counties upgraded to the yellow phase today. Within those counties, any rifle, shotgun, pistol and archery ranges on state game lands have been reopened and regular hours of operation have resumed. Read full news release ** https://bit.ly/3gCheQH.

Those counties include: Dauphin, Franklin, Huntingdon, Lebanon, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike and Schuylkill.

The latest upgrades also will reopen to the public the Game Commission*s Southcentral and Northeast Region Offices, which will resume regular lobby hours beginning June 1. Where counties remain in the red phase, and where stay-at-home orders remain in place and large gatherings are prohibited, shooting ranges on state game lands remain closed.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Default Re: So Monroe County is in yellow phase now... is the SGL 127 range open?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    PGC FB page-
    Awesome. Thank you, I plan to get him shooting a .45 long colt.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
    Awesome. Thank you, I plan to get him shooting a .45 long colt.
    That's stupid for a new shooter unless you plan on working him up to it with smaller stuff first.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    That's stupid for a new shooter unless you plan on working him up to it with smaller stuff first.
    Duh. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
    Duh. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out.
    You do.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Monroe County)

Well turns out we won't be going till next week. He really wants to get a .40 in the mix and that ammo won't arrive till Monday or Tuesday next week.