Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: A few questions about CCW/nfa/open carry

They only want hoodlums carrying guns in Philthytown and any good guy who defends himself will be found defending himself in criminal court as well.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sucellus View Post
    I know this is months after the fact, but I wanted to add a caveat to this factually correct comment. While Philadelphia does not "have their own laws," each jurisdiction in PA *does* have their own prosecutor and police department. The gun "friendliness" of local DA's and police are largely the determinative factor of whether an interaction with law enforcement will result in arrest.

Philadelphia government (in all its forms, including the PPD) is hostile to firearms ownership. It took me two months to get a CCL and I was an ADA at the time witb friends in the licensing department (my renewal in Bucks took 25 minutes). Things have reportedly only grown worse as the powers that be have found the current series of crises to be useful in enacting their preexisting agenda.

We are all familiar with the current Philadelphia DA, Mayor, and police chief's attitudes towards gun ownership. Anyone carrying in Philadelphia should expect any ambiguous circumstance to be construed against them, perhaps willingly so.
    Can you clarify a few things. Where were you an ADA? What is the preexisting agenda? Why do you call it a CCL? (That may be why it took 2 months to acquire, even with friends in the *licensing department*. Do you know what DA Krasner*s attitude is toward illegally carried firearms ?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post
    So with PA law, I'm thinking these scenarios are legal with NFA and CCW permit.
    1. NFA SBR PCC or AR/AK & Suppressor. Can be carried legally open carry (not Philly) around my hometown area, streets, etc. Can be moved via car on passenger seat, etc fully loaded.

This reads as an AR/AK rifle with a suppressor attached. If that is your meaning, adding a suppressor to a rifle does not make the rifle an SBR, in which case cannot be carried in a vehicle as you stated.

IANAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post
    So with PA law, I'm thinking these scenarios are legal with NFA and CCW permit.
    1. NFA SBR PCC or AR/AK & Suppressor. Can be carried legally open carry (not Philly) around my hometown area, streets, etc. Can be moved via car on passenger seat, etc fully loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    This reads as an AR/AK rifle with a suppressor attached. If that is your meaning, adding a suppressor to a rifle does not make the rifle an SBR, in which case cannot be carried in a vehicle as you stated.

IANAL.
    Methinks he meant an SBR PCC or an SBR AR/AK with suppressor.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can you clarify a few things. Where were you an ADA? What is the preexisting agenda? Why do you call it a CCL? (That may be why it took 2 months to acquire, even with friends in the *licensing department*. Do you know what DA Krasner*s attitude is toward illegally carried firearms ?
    Don*t talk to cops man.

;-)
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was an ADA for over 10 years and left after the regime change. The preexisting agenda would be the city government's hostilty to firearms ownership. I call it a CCL just to use internet shorthand for concealed carry license. I do not known for sure what Mr. Kranser's position on illegally possessed firearms is and I will not opine on it. I would suggest that the city in general (from top to bottom) is hostile to gun ownership when compared to the rest of the state, and this telegraphs out to individual interactions with law enforcement.

As a recent example, I heard (emphasize "heard") Gun Permits only opened up for three days since March to renew permits, and that was this month. Other counties have been open for months.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sucellus View Post
    As a recent example, I heard (emphasize "heard") Gun Permits only opened up for three days since March to renew permits, and that was this month. Other counties have been open for months.
    Actually, over 1/3 of PA counties, many considered to be "pro-gun" completely shut down or severely restricted access to the LTCF process, using COVID as the excuse. Few, if any, of those have resumed full "normal" operations.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    True but I would rather lose a $400 Glock 17 or a bare bones AR pistol that I can easily replace than an expensive NFA item that will be costly and time consuming to replace, and which might only offer limited if any tactical advantages. I just know that if you are involved in a defensive shooting, your firearm will be thrown in a police locker for years and will almost certainly come out looking worse than when it went in. Not to mention, you will most likely need to hire a good lawyer to get it back, if and when you ever do. I'd rather write off my plain jane Glock and buy a new one than to wait years to get it back.
    Surplus City has great deals on police trade ins. Great carry guns. No great loss. This is my personal experience. Get you in under 400 for the glock.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Actually, over 1/3 of PA counties, many considered to be "pro-gun" completely shut down or severely restricted access to the LTCF process, using COVID as the excuse. Few, if any, of those have resumed full "normal" operations.
    Same guys who will get screwing distance with a filthy law breaker are afraid to get arms length of a clean lawful gun owner to process their applications for ltcf. Some explanation is in order.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Surplus City has great deals on police trade ins. Great carry guns. No great loss. This is my personal experience. Get you in under 400 for the glock.
    That's no fun. How about $2700 HK SP5 with a $700 A3 stock and a $1500 suppressor through your shorts? (Plus the two $200 stamps.)

There was actually a guy on HKProForum that said the SP5 was a 'throwaway gun.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12