Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Riot Prep

(Chester County)

Default Re: Riot Prep

Klaxon and loud dog barking over pa speaker.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Tomorrow in my little town, of Boyertown some Pottstown protesters are supposed to show up. If they make trouble it could get ugly. The invisible empire has stood on our street corners before. Before you ask, no I am not one.
    Who??
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Erie County)

Meh. All set in that department. Rioters wouldn't do well where I live.

(Allegheny County)

Everyone is looking at this wrong. My prep is a blm shirt and a ninja mask. If I get stuck in the middle of a riot I will don the gear and join in until I can make my escape down a side street. I may be even score a free pair of Jordans.

It's really pretty simple.

(York County)

The phuqers will hold a "peaceful" march in Hamburg on FRIDAY JUN12.....best they keep it that way. There will be many deer rifles in the wings if they so much as twitch. I know a few locals that won't hesitate.

(Philadelphia County)

i bet nothing happens... there was a BLM march in fox chase in NE phila today and it was pathetic, these ppl could hardly walk - some paraded their kids and forced them into mini-SJW roles.

ive stopped 'prepping' and im focusing on fitness, im tired of seeing 'preppers' who can barely walk a mile talking trash about how ready they are - you'll drop just carrying your gear and become a liability to the rest of us by arming them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i bet nothing happens... there was a BLM march in fox chase in NE phila today and it was pathetic, these ppl could hardly walk - some paraded their kids and forced them into mini-SJW roles.

ive stopped 'prepping' and im focusing on fitness, im tired of seeing 'preppers' who can barely walk a mile talking trash about how ready they are - you'll drop just carrying your gear and become a liability to the rest of us by arming them.
    Ain't that the truth. One of the most important DAILY preps you can make is exercising.

If you have 100 yd range that you can find yourself alone on - try a variant of Reid Hendrich's shooting/cardio workout:

1) prone shot at 100yds
    2) run to 50yds - kneeling shot
    3) run to 25yds - standing shot
    4) run to point blank - head shot - practice your offset
    5) back to 100 and start over - perform 10 reps.

The goal is to keep your average score >9. With a 50% silhouette I can get close to 9 with irons and close to 9.5 with optics.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Ain't that the truth. One of the most important DAILY preps you can make is exercising.

If you have 100 yd range that you can find yourself alone on - try a variant of Reid Hendrich's shooting/cardio workout:

1) prone shot at 100yds
    2) run to 50yds - kneeling shot
    3) run to 25yds - standing shot
    4) run to point blank - head shot - practice your offset
    5) back to 100 and start over - perform 10 reps.

The goal is to keep your average score >9. With a 50% silhouette I can get close to 9 with irons and close to 9.5 with optics.
    i wish i had access to a range that allowed this, great idea/reminder - cardio/ elevated heart rate to practice breathing etc/ practice engagement ranges vs zero & holds... living in the city anything beyond 100yd or even 50yds, im walking away.. thats another point i always laugh over in these discussions, a) dont engage if you dont have to b) there are no 200 - 300yd spaces in my environment, except the woods - and that place will be like a lion's watering hole (ppl just waiting for the picking) if things got bad

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i wish i had access to a range that allowed this, great idea/reminder - cardio/ elevated heart rate to practice breathing etc/ practice engagement ranges vs zero & holds... living in the city anything beyond 100yd or even 50yds, im walking away.. thats another point i always laugh over in these discussions, a) dont engage if you dont have to b) there are no 200 - 300yd spaces in my environment, except the woods - and that place will be like a lion's watering hole (ppl just waiting for the picking) if things got bad
    You're right, holding a shot steady when you're panting like a dog is extremely tough and takes practice. All my rifles are zeroed at 50yds I've found in my little 100yd workout that holds at 25 and 100 don't really require the necessary offsets for me to think about since it will only be about +/- 1" at most. At point blank though it's nearly your entire height over bore and it DOES matter of course.

(Philadelphia County)

Make sure you have a decent set of googles/eye protectIon in your vehicle. The windows are the first thing they go for so make sure eyes are protected!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast