Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (York County)

Default Re: EDC in times like these?

Several years ago I quit worrying about printing and started carrying a full size pistol that I can draw and shoot well with. I have pretty large paws/compacts and micros just never seemed to become something that muscle memory warmed up to. That said, my year round EDC is an XDm 9mm 4.5" with 19+1 Federal HST. Sometimes in a hidden hybrid IWB, sometimes a Galco pancake style open top OWB. I seldom carry an extra mag on body, but do have several extras. In certain circumstances I'll wear a double mag pouch on th eweak side or maybe throw one or two in a 511 undershirt.

So, no... nothing's changed.

Been a while since I posted here. Glad to see liberty is still alive. Be well all!

TC
    Last edited by TwistedCopper; July 14th, 2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typos

I think it is important to remember that during the current situation, it is realistic to assume that police response will not be available.

Most of us have selected our EDC with careful consideration. All of those considerations are still valid.

Under present circumstances, I would focus on the reality that we need to consider an EDC as an interim solution to a threat that may take hours or days to resolve.

This additional planning needs to include considerations of what gun you can fight your way TO, what safe locations you can fight your way to, how to get to that safe location (or locations), and adequate supplies of every type stockpiled when you arrive.

This involves route planning, terrain (urban and topographic) considerations, material selection, etc.

Its time to focus more on Second Level Planning and NOT JUST hardware selection.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I think it is important to remember that during the current situation, it is realistic to assume that police response will not be available.

Most of us have selected our EDC with careful consideration. All of those considerations are still valid.

Under present circumstances, I would focus on the reality that we need to consider an EDC as an interim solution to a threat that may take hours or days to resolve.

This additional planning needs to include considerations of what gun you can fight your way TO, what safe locations you can fight your way to, how to get to that safe location (or locations), and adequate supplies of every type stockpiled when you arrive.

This involves route planning, terrain (urban and topographic) considerations, material selection, etc.

Its time to focus more on Second Level Planning and NOT JUST hardware selection.
    Upon reflection, I don't disagree.

But my EDC is still based on the notion of mitigating force. I want something that can cause enough noise/fear/damage to my attackers that I can get away.

What comes next comes next. Very nearly a whole-different-thing in my book.
    DGAF

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I'm starting to think my EDC needs to be sufficient to fight my way out of trouble and hope the police never show up.
    The Hostler

I would like to supersize my EDC to a RPG-7 please.

(Jefferson County)

1911. 8+1, all HP.

I don't feel the need to change guns. What I carry is fine, but I didn't always carry an extra mag. Now I do. Over fifty years ago I was in a few firefights, and I don't remember ever wishing I had less ammo. I shoulda learned my lesson then.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567