Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ammo preference(StarBM)

Remington loaded ammo is the filthiest stuff I*ve ever shot. Their brass and some of their projos are decent for reloading, but I stay away from the loaded stuff.

Double that for their .22LR. I don*t know how they did it, but they managed to combine dirt and carbon in such a way that it can propel a .22 bullet.

(Cumberland County)

I went shooting again last Friday. The gun doesn't seem to like the 124 grain UMC or the Tula steel cased stuff either, but I also definitely noticed more problems with the promags this time.

(Bucks County)

I'd replace the recoil spring. They're cheap enough.

https://www.gunsprings.com/STAR/BM%2...1/mID61/dID278

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I'd replace the recoil spring. They're cheap enough.

https://www.gunsprings.com/STAR/BM%2...1/mID61/dID278
    Did that already. I initially was having issues with extraction even with the Magtech, which led me to replace the extractor and recoil springs.

I've recently tried a few other kinds of ammo. The only thing it seems to have a problem with is the Remington UMC now, and I'm not even too sure the actual ammo was the problem. I think my biggest problem was not being thorough enough with my cleaning and lubricating. I recently ran about a box and a half of Tula with 0 issues whatsoever. Winchester white box, S&B, and Fiocchi ran fine as well. When I did problems during any of my shooting sessions seems to be after at least 100 or 150 rounds. None of the magazines seem better or worse than others either. The promags may have just needed to "break in," or again, I think the pistol just REALLY hates dirt.

I'm finally getting shots consistently on target. Got the sights lined up properly now, and I'm VERY pleased with this little old Spanish surplus pistol. My ONLY complaint with it is that I have to break my grip to hit the mag release, but that's just because I have small hands. If I could afford it though, I'd love nothing more than an H&K USP with its ambidextrous mag release mounted on the trigger guard(perfect spot to hit with my middle finger) and it's nice big slide release I can easily hit with my thumb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12