Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PA Primary Election Tue June 2 2020 VOTER GUIDE

Forced myself to vote after getting my 2nd 4 hour infusion treatment. Fire station was quiet with only 4 or 5 people in the lot. Handful of voters inside, in and out in a few short minutes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    ^ Wait didn't you post that same picture a couple of days ago? At least you're by a washing machine, that's reassuring.

I voted WITHOUT a mask and WITH a Trump 2020 hat.
    Yep, I just pulled it out of my inventory here and reposted it. So far I've been to Bearings and Drives in Reading, NAPA in Pottstown and voting in that same outfit and nobody commented on it.

And I'm running against Madeleine Dean in the primary LOL
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

See, I do listen to you.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

We have new machines in Bucks County and they are not working for many. People are having their ballot put into a bag to be counted later in some places. Right now there are over 100 complaints. The most bizarre are quite a few that say the Republican ballots are too wide and don't fit. Some poll workers are trimming them to fit. Other polls say if they trim it the ballot will not be allowed to be counted at all.

When I voted, the machine would not accept the ballot for about 4-5 attempts. Finally, it grabbed it and said my vote was counted. Other people left without knowing if their ballot will ever go into a scanner.

I should also mention that with all this "hands on" from poll workers, your ballot and who you vote for is plain for them to see.
    Last edited by BobFromBucks; June 2nd, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

(Berks County)

I admit that I was embarrassed to get a ticket that had DEMOCRAT printed on it so the guy could set the machine up DEM for me. We enter a blank ballot with a corner clipped off it. Clipped corner goes in first with the clip to the right. After we finish pressing the touch screen to our liking the data prints out on the ballot, which we then insert into another machine. The attendant came over after I had inserted it and I told him it was already in the shredder.

(Chester County)

I went to my usual polling place and voted, but am outraged that the Republican tent didn't have the usual homemade chocolate chip cookies. The ladies started apologizing when I was 20 ft away.

It was pretty quiet inside, and I got to yuk it up with a farmer from down the road who is some sort of election official. His family has been farming there since before the Revolution. He sports a rather different look, and 2 years ago our boy (7 yo at the time) asked me if he was a Leprechaun. Now, whenever I see him, I can't get that image out of my head.

My Republican state senate and house candidates are both drooling farm animals. They are both unopposed, so I didn't vote for them. Of course, they probably know I'll vote for them in November as the lesser of 2 evils and to keep the bigger picture numbers right. After voting, I spent a half hour talking with local committee people about this.

I was more than happy to vote for John Emmons for Congress. If you're in the PA 6th, talk to him. He's smarter than the average bear, has his head screwed on straight, and has an impressive campaign organization ready to go for November.The only thing I'll add to what he tells you is that I know he's been rock solid consistent for at least the last 10 years.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    We have new machines in Bucks County and they are not working for many. People are having their ballot put into a bag to be counted later in some places. Right now there are over 100 complaints. The most bizarre are quite a few that say the Republican ballots are too wide and don't fit. Some poll workers are trimming them to fit. Other polls say if they trim it the ballot will not be allowed to be counted at all.

When I voted, the machine would not accept the ballot for about 4-5 attempts. Finally, it grabbed it and said my vote was counted. Other people left without knowing if their ballot will ever go into a scanner.

I should also mention that with all this "hands on" from poll workers, your ballot and who you vote for is plain for them to see.

Yes! I took my ballot and went behind the little dividers. At one point, I colored inside the wrong box. Since it's all done in pen, they need to give you a new ballot. The volunteer gave me a new ballot, but unfolded mine and looked it over before placing it on another pile.

When I tried to put my ballot into the scanner, it took several times and finally was accepted.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post

I just voted and used the new machines. And yes I do mean machines as in more than one. First you go to the regular touch screen machine and vote like before. Than you get a print out that you need to take over to another machine that looks like a copier. You place the printout in the top slot similar to a copier and in it goes and your are done. The poll workers told me it doesn't make a difference which side is up.

(Chester County)

We voted today at around 2:30 pm. In our district, we were the 117 and 118 voters to be recorded.

Wrote in "Tulsi Gabbard" as the next write-in president...

Didn't wear face masks although everyone in the facility (all four of them) did.

FWIW, I felt it was helpful in pointing out my signature so they could recognize my name.

At any time we were there, didn't see more than 4 voting folks in the facility at the time...

Very sad, except for non-voters who maybe thought they won the lottery...
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I just voted and used the new machines. And yes I do mean machines as in more than one. First you go to the regular touch screen machine and vote like before. Than you get a print out that you need to take over to another machine that looks like a copier. You place the printout in the top slot similar to a copier and in it goes and your are done. The poll workers told me it doesn't make a difference which side is up.
    It looks like a shredder to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast