Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PA Extends LTCF Expiration Dates

My LTCF expires in a few weeks. PA has extended all licenses to July 31, 2020. Just thought I'd share

https://www.montcopa.org/401/Gun-Permits

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA Extends LTCF Expiration Dates

I thought it was only licenses that expired after mid March or so, not all licenses.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    My LTCF expires in a few weeks. PA has extended all licenses to July 31, 2020. Just thought I'd share

https://www.montcopa.org/401/Gun-Permits

Any extension is illegal.

Once an application for a license to carry is filed, the Sheriff has 45 days in which to complete the investigation and notify the applicant. The license is valid for five years. The Sheriff has the ability to revoke the license at any time for just cause.

It is also illegal to refuse to process out of state LTCF.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I thought it was only licenses that expired after mid March or so, not all licenses.
    You are correct. I should have been more precise. I didn't think it through. If your license expired before that date, it is not extended. March 19th or later.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Any extension is illegal.

Once an application for a license to carry is filed, the Sheriff has 45 days in which to complete the investigation and notify the applicant. The license is valid for five years. The Sheriff has the ability to revoke the license at any time for just cause.

It is also illegal to refuse to process out of state LTCF.
    Not sure I understand why extending the expiration date is illegal, but I would rather not complain too much about that since it is actually a reasonable accommodation to those of us who's license is about to go. I dont see any downside to be honest.

(Bucks County)

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/PA-St...spx?newsid=547

05/21/2020

Wolf Administration Grants Second Extension to License to Carry Firearm Permits

*Harrisburg, PA * The Pennsylvania State Police announced today that Governor Tom Wolf has granted an additional extension to license to carry firearms permits. Permits, which expired on March 19, 2020 or later, have now been extended to July 31, 2020. The previous extension was set to expire on May 30.

The extension of license to carry permit expiration dates is necessary due to the closure of some county courthouses and sheriff's offices, as well as other ongoing COVID-19 mitigation efforts.

In Pennsylvania, an individual 21-years-old or older may apply for a license to carry firearms by submitting a completed application to the sheriff of the county in which they reside or, if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city. The sheriff has 45 days to investigate and determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license, which is valid for five years.

A license to carry firearms is required to carry a firearm concealed on one's person or in a vehicle. Any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person except in his place of abode or fixed place of business without a valid and lawfully issued license commits a felony of the third degree. and fuck what that constitution says.

For more information on carrying a firearm in Pennsylvania, visit psp.pa.gov.

MEDIA CONTACT: Trooper Brent Miller or Ryan Tarkowski, 717-783-5556
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Not sure I understand why extending the expiration date is illegal, but I would rather not complain too much about that since it is actually a reasonable accommodation to those of us who's license is about to go. I dont see any downside to be honest.
    There is no legal authority to do so. This extension is no more legal then if I said you*re good for the next 10 years.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358073
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    There is no legal authority to do so. This extension is no more legal then if I said you*re good for the next 10 years.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358073
    That is an interesting thing to consider. So you are saying that some over zealous DA for example could choose to prosecute a firearm related offense in spite of this *extension* and maybe have some legal standing?

Where is GunLawyer when you need him?

(Bucks County)

Every sheriffs LTCF webpage I looked at recently has in big bold letters the extension of the carry permits statement on top. While I was sweating after mine expired (I was eventually able to get it renewed) this is more of a piece of mind issue. No DA is going to prosecute you and make you a felon within the extension period. And if they did I can't see even the most liberal judge finding you guilty of a felony with the statewide extensionvpublished everywhere. Trust me on that.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Every sheriffs LTCF webpage I looked at recently has in big bold letters the extension of the carry permits statement on top. While I was sweating after mine expired (I was eventually able to get it renewed) this is more of a piece of mind issue. No DA is going to prosecute you and make you a felon within the extension period. And if they did I can't see even the most liberal judge finding you guilty of a felony with the statewide extensionvpublished everywhere. Trust me on that.
    I agree with you. I am just trying to understand PAmedics point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast