Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: PA Extends LTCF Expiration Dates

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    A Philly DA, and a judge, convicted a off duty armed security guard (who the philly cops did not charge) for not having a LTCF when he shot an armed mugger with the muggers gun.

Even though the law clearly states that having act 235 is an exemption from needing a LTCF.
    In August 2017, the Pennsylvania Superior Court issued an opinion in Commonwealth v. Anderson, ___ A.3d ___ (Aug. 23, 2017), and ruled that an Act 235 certification is not a substitute for a license to carry. Agents are reminded of the Regulations governing Act 235, at Section 21.26(d), which state *The issuance of a certification card to a privately employed agent does not grant the agent the right or privilege to carry, possess, own, or have under his control a firearm contrary to 18 Pa. C.S. § § 6101*6120 (relating to Uniform Firearms Act).* In light of this ruling, it may be prudent for agents to obtain a license to carry their firearms while in an off-duty status, including traveling to and from places of employment, or in instances where agents are required to conceal a firearm on duty, including loaded carry inside of a vehicle. Agents should direct questions regarding this to their employers.

I am a certified agent and this is copied from PSP's website. FYI only.

(Bucks County)

great...can they extend my hazmat date? I can't take the test, or get the fingerprinting, and background check

currently, that puts food on my table.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

A Philly DA, and a judge, convicted a off duty armed security guard (who the philly cops did not charge) for not having a LTCF when he shot an armed mugger with the muggers gun.

Even though the law clearly states that having act 235 is an exemption from needing a LTCF.
    In August 2017, the Pennsylvania Superior Court issued an opinion in Commonwealth v. Anderson, ___ A.3d ___ (Aug. 23, 2017), and ruled that an Act 235 certification is not a substitute for a license to carry. Agents are reminded of the Regulations governing Act 235, at Section 21.26(d), which state *The issuance of a certification card to a privately employed agent does not grant the agent the right or privilege to carry, possess, own, or have under his control a firearm contrary to 18 Pa. C.S. § § 6101*6120 (relating to Uniform Firearms Act).* In light of this ruling, it may be prudent for agents to obtain a license to carry their firearms while in an off-duty status, including traveling to and from places of employment, or in instances where agents are required to conceal a firearm on duty, including loaded carry inside of a vehicle. Agents should direct questions regarding this to their employers.

Question: Why don't the many gun rights orgs asking for money challenge these violations of the 2nd amendment and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's constitutional clause ending in "shall not be questioned"??????????
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    great...can they extend my hazmat date? I can't take the test, or get the fingerprinting, and background check

currently, that puts food on my table.
    The CDL and HME have been extended till July 31 and I am sure that will be extended.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

Question: Why don't the many gun rights orgs asking for money challenge these violations of the 2nd amendment and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's constitutional clause ending in "shall not be questioned"??????????
    How would you propose that be done? Your post references a court ruling from that second highest court in our state. For now, THAT interpretation IS the law.

The necessary fix needs to be from the legislature, but even most of our "pro-gun" republicans don't have the stomach for real freedom. That title should come with an asterisk and accompanying fine print, "When compared to the Democrats, not to the Constitution."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

You are spot on. It was not intended that the courts rule the land. When courts ignore the law and also ignore the evidence supporting the intent of the law, and that interpretation is the law, we are no more than surfs happy to have the humbles with which to make the 'umble pie.

The legislators and courts have gotten away with violating, not interpreting. Because of the tendencies of the public to "let George do it".
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123