Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Extends LTCF Expiration Dates

I believe he means they can't change the law as it is written without it it being passed by the state legislature. This is correct. The governor can't change a law on a whim. What he can do is stop prosecuting people technically in violation of the law. And I have not heard of any sheriff or county DA that says otherwise. I am sure there are still laws somewhere that say you can't check into a hotel with your girlfriend, take her across state lines or even commit sodomy with her. But no one worries about it. So have a great weekend.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Every sheriffs LTCF webpage I looked at recently has in big bold letters the extension of the carry permits statement on top. While I was sweating after mine expired (I was eventually able to get it renewed) this is more of a piece of mind issue. No DA is going to prosecute you and make you a felon within the extension period. And if they did I can't see even the most liberal judge finding you guilty of a felony with the statewide extensionvpublished everywhere. Trust me on that.
    A Philly DA, and a judge, convicted a off duty armed security guard (who the philly cops did not charge) for not having a LTCF when he shot an armed mugger with the muggers gun.

Even though the law clearly states that having act 235 is an exemption from needing a LTCF.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Cumberland County)

Gotta wonder what the extension will do out of state. States that normally reciprocate with pa may not honor the extension.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Not sure I understand why extending the expiration date is illegal, but I would rather not complain too much about that since it is actually a reasonable accommodation to those of us who's license is about to go. I dont see any downside to be honest.
    Get jacked up in another state where our LTCF is honored, and have a thug w badge see an expired date. Think THAT would make a fun time? And a previous poster nailed it: any extension is illegal.
    We cannot allow government minions to just add to, or detract from our laws just to suit their laziness!

(Montgomery County)

Those are all good points that I had not considered. Hopefully I can get the LTCF renewed properly soon.

(Lancaster County)

Not sure what other Counties are doing, but I just got mine renewed yesterday in Lancaster. Had to mail in the application with a money order and set up an appointment. Was actually easier than normal since no standing in line. Just showed up and had my picture taken and was out of there in 10 minutes. Didn't want to take a chance since no telling how reciprocity States would handle an expired permit and I travel to VA now and then.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by coat4gun View Post
    Not sure what other Counties are doing, but I just got mine renewed yesterday in Lancaster. Had to mail in the application with a money order and set up an appointment. Was actually easier than normal since no standing in line. Just showed up and had my picture taken and was out of there in 10 minutes. Didn't want to take a chance since no telling how reciprocity States would handle an expired permit and I travel to VA now and then.
    Here in Montco you can email the documents and pick up the LTCF when the offices open back up

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Get jacked up in another state where our LTCF is honored, and have a thug w badge see an expired date. Think THAT would make a fun time? And a previous poster nailed it: any extension is illegal.
    We cannot allow government minions to just add to, or detract from our laws just to suit their laziness!
    We are getting notifications from other states regarding the expiration of their DL*s, Registrations & LTCF*s.

These are extenuating circumstances, not laziness.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    A Philly DA, and a judge, convicted a off duty armed security guard (who the philly cops did not charge) for not having a LTCF when he shot an armed mugger with the muggers gun.

Even though the law clearly states that having act 235 is an exemption from needing a LTCF.
    When and where did this happen?

(Allegheny County)

I just looked at my LTCF - expired as of 5/5/2020.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast