Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA Forum hosting infrastructure upgraded - Report issues here

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I*m on an iPhone 11 ProMax running the latest OS. My apostophe*s are displaying as asterisks in a firearms/reloading thread. They seem fine here though. Let*s see if I*m right.
    Turn off smart quotes in your phone settings as a work around.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Quotes: ‘’ “”

i am getting alot of bad gateway screens

(Allegheny County)

I see Smart Punctuation in settings>general>keyboards, but nothing called smart quotes. Testing apostrophes here in Mac OS 10.11.6. example: My sister's boyfriend's mother.

Editing here from Mac OS to see if editing trigger the displaying of asterisks for apostrophes: My sister's boyfriend's mother.

Next I will post from IOS with smart punctuation disabled.
    Last edited by Maestro; June 11th, 2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Testing for an anomaly where apostrophes display as asterisks

(Allegheny County)

And now on IOS WITH SMART PUNCTUATION DISABLED: My sister's boyfriend's mother.

(Allegheny County)

AND FINALLY WITH SMART PUNCTUATION RE-enabled: My sister’s boyfriend’s mother.

(Allegheny County)

I hope that helps a little with this insignificant but annoying bug. Seems to be fine now.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I see Smart Punctuation in settings>general>keyboards, but nothing called smart quotes. Testing apostrophes here in Mac OS 10.11.6. example: My sister's boyfriend's mother.

Editing here from Mac OS to see if editing trigger the displaying of asterisks for apostrophes: My sister's boyfriend's mother.

Next I will post from IOS with smart punctuation disabled.
    Smart quotes are one type of smart punctuation...

(Philadelphia County)

I will be tweaking settings today to try to see if we can find a more stable autoscaling setup and deal with gateway errors.

Apologies for the huge delay, last week was entirely upside down in Philadelphia, and I had to catch up with the day job this week.

Edit: This is proving a bit harder to track down. I ran the stats over the last week for 500 errors going from our app server -> our load balancer -> you and it's only about double-digits out of tens of thousands of requests an hour (about a 0.075% error rate)

While it seems like there's a lot of people being affected, it's actually a very, very small amount of errors.

Ideally I want to get this to zero, but it's so uncommon that it's proving difficult to tie to a specific problem to solve so far.
    Last edited by danp; June 12th, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I will be tweaking settings today to try to see if we can find a more stable autoscaling setup and deal with gateway errors.

Apologies for the huge delay, last week was entirely upside down in Philadelphia, and I had to catch up with the day job this week.

Edit: This is proving a bit harder to track down. I ran the stats over the last week for 500 errors going from our app server -> our load balancer -> you and it's only about double-digits out of tens of thousands of requests an hour (about a 0.075% error rate)

While it seems like there's a lot of people being affected, it's actually a very, very small amount of errors.

Ideally I want to get this to zero, but it's so uncommon that it's proving difficult to tie to a specific problem to solve so far.
    FWIW regarding the gateway errors - after I did that full cache clear and reboot, I've had 0 issues. It may just be a client-side caching issue and nothing on the server side.
    -Brandon

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    FWIW regarding the gateway errors - after I did that full cache clear and reboot, I've had 0 issues. It may just be a client-side caching issue and nothing on the server side.
    i concur, deleting cache and cookies fixed 502s for me

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast