Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default State game land info

With my local state game lands opening up this Friday, I want to bring my nephew who is 8 years old to shoot a .22 for the first time, I check on the game commission website and it doesn’t say any age restriction just that anyone under 16 must have an adult with them, my understanding would be that he would be able to come with me, also a follow up question i can only shoot slugs not bird or buck given the rule “Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.”

(Wayne County)

Default Re: State game land info

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc112994 View Post
    With my local state game lands opening up this Friday, I want to bring my nephew who is 8 years old to shoot a .22 for the first time, I check on the game commission website and it doesn’t say any age restriction just that anyone under 16 must have an adult with them, my understanding would be that he would be able to come with me, also a follow up question i can only shoot slugs not bird or buck given the rule “Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.”
    He can go and shoot with you no problem. You just need 1 range permit or general hunting license. Only slugs with shotguns.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: State game land info

I haven't been to a sgl range in a long time but there always was a limit on number of rounds in the magazine at a time. Three for rifle at one time. Six for pistol only if it is a designated pistol range, 25 yard berm does not make it a pistol range. I have seen people confronted by game wardens at the range. Should be rules posted, best to read them for any changes.