Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Target in Chambersburg: OC butthole

Mask, no mask. None of us are big on having the govt. dictate to us what we are to do. I wasn*t a big fan of the seat belt laws when they appeared. Hated wearing helmets when riding motorcycles. Funny thing now I almost always do. Personally I wear a mask to be user friendly where it*s appropriate to do so. When around others that I know and are exposed to on a regular basis I do not as long as they are comfortable with this. This includes family, coworkers etc. let*s be sensible about the use of masks. We can not know the circumstances of those that we are around. Maybe they have underlying medical issues, maybe elderly family members at home, we just don*t know. All I*m saying is it really that big of a inconvenience to be on the side of caution. And yes I know it is questionable how well masks work, hell most of them aren*t even masks. Coming from someone that gets retrained every year on mask and respirator use I*m well aware of the limitations involved with their use.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I was pretty explicit about not pushing any particular solution, because unlike some here, I don't see complex issues as binary.

Just as a thought problem: Does your laissez-faire approach also apply to seniors in nursing homes? Why?

What about kids with peanut allergies, should schools go back to letting every kid bring in PB&J sandwiches and just accept that some 5 year olds will die? There are arguments on both sides of that.
    Studies show that kids with peanut allergies have them because their parents were negligent and failed to give the children peanut butter when they were little. Other people’s poor parenting isn’t my problem, nor should my children be punished because of it.

Additionally, epi pens are common, every school is required to have a nurse, and more then that, their use is a part of every Cpr class, which is something every teacher should have anyway.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Mask, no mask. None of us are big on having the govt. dictate to us what we are to do. I wasn*t a big fan of the seat belt laws when they appeared. Hated wearing helmets when riding motorcycles. Funny thing now I almost always do. Personally I wear a mask to be user friendly where it*s appropriate to do so. When around others that I know and are exposed to on a regular basis I do not as long as they are comfortable with this. This includes family, coworkers etc. let*s be sensible about the use of masks. We can not know the circumstances of those that we are around. Maybe they have underlying medical issues, maybe elderly family members at home, we just don*t know. All I*m saying is it really that big of a inconvenience to be on the side of caution. And yes I know it is questionable how well masks work, hell most of them aren*t even masks. Coming from someone that gets retrained every year on mask and respirator use I*m well aware of the limitations involved with their use.
    Yes, it is that big of an inconvenience. More then that it endangers my own health and that of my family by exposing me to excess CO2, and providing an ideal breeding ground for disease. Not to mention the increased risk of danger from inability to read social ques, as a majority of human communication is non-verbal and face based.

I say something and give offense. Maybe offense is caused because other person can*t see my face. I don*t realize it because I can*t see their face. Situation escalates. Someone ends up dead over a stupid miscommunication.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    they wear masks in those areas because the air quality is literal shit; you'd be better off breathing in actual sewer gas. heavy particulates are so prevalent that you'll blacken your mask within a couple hours, and "white shirt" workers will have to change mid-day from it getting dingy. a little corona is the LEAST of their worries.
    You missed the point entirely. Yes, everyone masks in those countries because of air quality. Therefore, if those masks worked then there should have been a smaller curve right off the bat.
    They don't, and there wasn't.

(Cumberland County)

I*m seeing for some that the use of a mask is a marked inconvenience. That is a personal decision I won*t argue. We all have varying tolerance levels and circumstances. As I said I don*t like the government*s mandating of anything. We as individuals need to make these decisions on a case by case basis. I as many have a justified medical reason to chose not to wear a mask but during certain circumstances I still do. The duration of use at these times is minimal. I have no concerns about increased co2 or added risk of disease as I change my masks out on a regular basis. As I stated these are personal choices that should rely on several things. For starters common sense, curtesy to others, risk factors of several types. I find this issue is just a small part of this whole situation that we find ourselves in. I*m going to chose to focus my anger and frustration at other aspects that impact me more profoundly. Again, I respect others thoughts on this issue and won*t criticize their choices and hope those will accept my choices as well.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I live a few blocks from that Target, I assume the guy delivering the chicken was from Chick-Fil-A just up the street..
    Hey me too!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345