Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Selinsgrove doctor and school board member threatens to shoot people w/o masks

This woman lost the 2018 election for PA's 85 Representative district as a Democrat, then won a seat on the school board, is a LTCF holder and ultimate "Karen". Maybe she needs to be "red flagged".
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]132703[/ATTACHhttps://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/pa-school-directors-threat-to-shoot-anyone-without-a-mask-who-comes-close-to-her-rankles-some-in-community.html

P.S. - Bad link, can't delete post and start fresh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; May 22nd, 2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Clarified title.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Selinsgrove school board member threarens violence

Why hasn't the sheriff pulled her LTCF yet?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Beaver County)

Default Selinsgrove doctor - school board member threatens to shoot people w/o masks

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus...community.html

Pa. school director’s threat to shoot anyone without a mask who comes close to her rankles some in community
    Updated May 19, 5:32 AM; Posted May 18, 7:43 PM

By John Beauge

SELINSGROVE – A Facebook post by a Selinsgrove Area School Board member that warns anyone coming within 6 feet of her or her family without a mask could be shot is creating controversy.

Dr. Jennifer Rager-Kay posted the comment in reaction to a picture of anti-lockdown protesters last week in Harrisburg, many of whom are not wearing masks. She wrote: “I find it interesting that the largest group of the participants in the anti-lockdown protest and refusing to wear masks in public as they see it as a violation of their constitutional rights are among those against a form of gun regulations.

“As a concerned carry-permitted gun owner, if you refuse to wear a mask and try to come within 6 feet of me or my family, I will exercise the same constitutional rights to shoot you.”

Rager-Kay’s posted her comment on a private Facebook page but it was shared, so it became known in the community.

The medical doctor who last year ran unsuccessfully as a Democrat for the state House seat that became vacant when Republican Fred Keller was elected to Congress on Monday issued this statement: “I would like to publicly apologize to anyone offended by my recent post regarding the hypocrisy of those who refuse to wear face masks yet walk around openly carrying guns.

“I am in a profession where the threat of someone approaching me not wearing a mask while in the midst of a pandemic is equivalent to the threat against my life. Just as it would be if they approached me with their gun drawn and pointed at me.

“As a wife, mother and physician, it is my job and responsibility to “do no harm” and the constant barrage of protests and defiance to public health reached a boiling point for me, thus the reason for my overly dramatic and exaggerated post. My words demonstrated how constitutional rights can be misinterpreted, and were meant to serve as an example of extremism.

“Bioterrorism is, however, a real threat and refusal to prevent and/or the intentional release or dissemination of biological agents by not wearing a mask during a global pandemic is a clear example. I am sorry if my words were offensive or derogatory in any way. My concern and compassion for human life got the best of me.”

School board president Dennis Wolfe acknowledged that Dr. Rager-Kay has First Amendment rights as a private citizen, "she should have been more careful with how she expressed her opinion, and I think her followup explanation reflects that understanding.”

The Facebook post did not surprise Gerald Stauffer, a businessman who lives in the school district. “People are so divisive,” he said. “I would like her to resign,” he said. “It’s not the leadership we need.”

Rager-Kay said she has no plans to resign.

Fellow school board member Amy Stauffer pointed out “as public servants our words are significant and have an impact on others. Threatening words should have consequences. As elected officials we should be leading as positive examples for our community and constituents," she said.

Later Monday, Rager-Kay posted this on her Facebook page: "Thank you to those who have reached out with support regarding the repercussions of my recent post demonstrating my profound concern of those who refuse to wear a mask during this devastating pandemic.

“Apparently, there were those who took enough offense to take drastic efforts to affect my personal and professional life including calling for my resignation from school board as well as contacting local newspapers, articles which I’m sure will be published soon.

“My post was described as hateful, but hateful suggests a lack of love. And to me, lack of love is demonstrated by refusing to wear a mask out of love for those you encounter.”

Ironically, her Facebook page also has a video of a parade of fire equipment and others marking her son’s seventh birthday last Friday during which a firefighter hands the boy a gift.

Neither is wearing a mask.
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; May 22nd, 2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Clarified title to reduce multiple posts
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    “As a concerned carry-permitted gun owner, if you refuse to wear a mask and try to come within 6 feet of me or my family, I will exercise the same constitutional rights to shoot you.”
    <SNIP>
    Ironically, her Facebook page also has a video of a parade of fire equipment and others marking her son’s seventh birthday last Friday during which a firefighter hands the boy a gift.

Neither is wearing a mask.
    The hypocrisy & duplicity of Democrats has no bounds!

Another example of trying to cover 'hateful speech' with 'I had good intentions!'

(Bucks County)

She is mentally ill. Red flag.

Who the hell wants to get close to her rankles anyway

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: Selinsgrove school board member threarens violence

Another Do as I say Not as I Do RED FLAG THE BITCH!

PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Selinsgrove school board member threatens violence

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Who the hell wants to get close to her rankles anyway
    I thought the same thing as I was reading the bad link text

(Clarion County)

“Bioterrorism is, however, a real threat and refusal to prevent and/or the intentional release or dissemination of biological agents by not wearing a mask during a global pandemic is a clear example."

So now you're a bioterrorist if you don't comply.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Berks County)

Breaking news reports that she has resigned as well as her husband who is/was public defender.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast