Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Improper, profanity laced tirade by Democrat representative.

*Fuck, I*ve spent so much of my time here trying to see beyond the blind disgusting partisanship, and now that partisanship has grown deadly"

State Rep. Goes on Profanity-Laced Tirade After GOP Colleague Hid Positive COVID-19 Test https://rol.st/2XDDFw3

State Rep. Goes on Profanity-Laced Tirade After GOP Colleague Hid Positive COVID-19 Test

May 28, 2020, 1:30 PM EDT
    Click here to read the full article.

A Democratic Pennsylvania state representative went on a righteous tirade in a 12-minute video after learning that the Republican speaker of the House informed his party but not Democrats that at least one member of his caucus tested positive for COVID-19.

*Every single day of this crisis this State Government Committee in Pennsylvania has met so that their members could line up one after one after one and explain that it was safe to go back to work,* Rep. Brian Sims said on Facebook Live on Wednesday night. *During that time period, they were testing positive. They were notifying one another. And they didn*t notify us.*

According to Sims, Democrats only recently became aware that a Republican colleague tested positive for the virus but continued to work in the capitol for at least a week. Sims angrily yelled into the camera accusing Republicans of endangering members, their staffs, and their families.

*I*m right now surrounded by members that can*t go see their kids, that are having to call their husbands, having to call their wives and saying, *Honey, I might have exposed you and everybody I love in the world because one of my colleagues tested positive, but he was protecting his family but not protecting mine, and Republican leadership protected him,'* Sims raged, at times pounding on his desk to emphasize his points.

*F@*k, I*ve spent so much of my time here trying to see beyond the blind, disgusting partisanship, and now that partisanship has grown deadly,* he added.

Sims went on to call for a *full-blown investigation* by the attorney general and the state secretary of health to determine if it is safe for members to be in the capitol, which he demanded should be scrubbed *from top to bottom.* In addition, he called for everyone who works in the building to get tested and for that testing to be paid for by the Republican caucus. He also called on House Speaker Mike Terzai to resign.

Sims also expressed anger at Republican Rep. Russ Diamond because he self-quarantined but was not tested for COVID-19 after possible exposure.

*Russ Diamond walked around the House floor every day without a mask on,* Sims said. *Just a little bit ago I was on the House floor, and at one point only four Republican members had their masks on. Holy s#*t!*

Diamond responded to Sims*s accusation on Twitter, writing, *Lefties whine because I self-quarantined but didn*t get tested after possible COVID *contact.* Confirmed by my doc: No reason for testing, even if I could get tested without symptoms. I feel like a million bucks! Well, $500K after lefties tax me.*

Republican Rep. Andrew Lewis issued his response to Sims via Facebook Live and identified himself as the Republican who tested positive for COVID-19 on May 20th, saying that he informed very few people of his diagnosis to protect privacy. Lewis also claimed that he only came into contact with *a handful* of people when he was in the capitol on May 14th, all of whom were notified and, he said, none of them tested positive as far as he knows.

*It*s pretty much a ghost town at the capitol now,* Lewis said. *I actually only interacted with a handful of folks. * Anyone that I interacted with was notified, and I called human resources.*

But the CDC recommends that *employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).*

Additionally, Democratic leader Frank Dermody said in a statement that Republicans who may have been in contact with Lewis attended meetings without masks and downplayed the need for people to wear personal protective equipment.

*While we are pleased to learn that this House member seems to have recovered, it is simply unacceptable that some House Republicans knew about this for more than a week and sat on that knowledge,* Dermody said. *This attitude shows a fundamental lack of respect for fellow lawmakers.*

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173013924.html
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Improper, profanity laced tirade by Democrat representative.

Its too bad Sims didn't contract the virus.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Mifflin County)

Profanity laced tirades , I thought they only happened in Nascar

(Lehigh County)

Exclamation Re: Improper, profanity laced tirade by Democrat representative.

It's ok he's gets a pass for being democrat

(Philadelphia County)

Some child throwing a tantrum and dropping a few f-bombs is the least of our worries with the .gov these days.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Its too bad Sims didn't contract the virus.
    He should get another type of virus...

(Franklin County)

"turned deadly"? Who died?

Also, Roe v. Wade determined that a mother's right to privacy outweighed the taking of a baby's life because of the "negative effects" the mother might suffer from the public stigma, so shouldn't Rep. Diamond's privacy win out, EVEN if Sims catches the 'rona from him, and EVEN if Sims dies as a result?

Seems completely consistent with the Dems' favorite SC ruling ever from where I'm sitting.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Rep Diamond failed to do his duty......by not hugging and kiss every democrat.

(Bucks County)

that cock-chugging lunatic will be re-elected his overdosed on steroids liver craps out.

he could rape a cat on camera, and still get re-elected, solely because he's a cum-burper.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Wayne County)

Temper tantrum aside, it was a dick move by Diamond's office not to pass along the information. Although he claims to have contacted everyone that was around hat he was in contact with, he may have forgotten or not noticed someone. And that doesn't address spread through his staff.

Yes, people are blowing this up beyond what is necessary. But that doesn't mean that people shouldn't have the information that they need to make an informed decision. Hell, if we have the flu or some other bug in the house, we let people know before we visit their house or have them over. This isn't just specific to COVID.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast