Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default AR9 build with CMMG radial delayed kit?

Has anyone built an AR9 with the CMMG radial delayed blowback bolt and barrel? I want to build an AR9 to run colt pattern mags but I don't know if it will work with that. I can put an ambidextrous magazine release on a colt pattern lower but not glock so I'm not going to consider a glock mag build. I haven't been able to find anything on CMMG or right to bear's site that specifically says one way or another.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: AR9 build with CMMG radial delayed kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Has anyone built an AR9 with the CMMG radial delayed blowback bolt and barrel? I want to build an AR9 to run colt pattern mags but I don't know if it will work with that. I can put an ambidextrous magazine release on a colt pattern lower but not glock so I'm not going to consider a glock mag build. I haven't been able to find anything on CMMG or right to bear's site that specifically says one way or another.
    I'm not trying to dissuade you from your build, but is the non ambidextrous release that important to you? Are you lefty or training ambidextrous?

I just finished my ar9 and went with Glock mags for cost/availability/reliability.

-Zach

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I'm not trying to dissuade you from your build, but is the non ambidextrous release that important to you? Are you lefty or training ambidextrous?

I just finished my ar9 and went with Glock mags for cost/availability/reliability.

-Zach
    Yes, it is. I'm left eye dominant so I shoot anything with a stock from my left shoulder. I have a Stribog SP9A1 that's fully ambidextrous but my wife (also left handed) tends to claim it when we go to the range so I want another 9mm PCC. I considered a CZ scorpion carbine but for $1000, there were too many things I'd need to change and I hate paddle mag releases.

(Bucks County)

Yes, it is. I'm left eye dominant so I shoot anything with a stock from my left shoulder. I have a Stribog SP9A1 that's fully ambidextrous but my wife (also left handed) tends to claim it when we go to the range so I want another 9mm PCC. I considered a CZ scorpion carbine but for $1000, there were too many things I'd need to change and I hate paddle mag releases.
    Totally understandable then.

Do you shoot left shoulder right handed?

It's too bad i haven't seen any lefty ejection ports for ar9s.

-Zach

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Totally understandable then.

Do you shoot left shoulder right handed?

It's too bad i haven't seen any lefty ejection ports for ar9s.

-Zach
    Left shoulder, left hand. Right side ejection has only even been an issue when I was using a CMT UPUR3 with no brass deflector, an H2 buffer, and a ballistic advantage Hanson barrel together after putting that barrel on. The gun wasn't overgassed anymore, short stroked, and kept ejecting brass right back into my face. I have a burn scar on the side of my neck from one of the casings. Asshole brass.

(Bucks County)

Left shoulder, left hand. Right side ejection has only even been an issue when I was using a CMT UPUR3 with no brass deflector, an H2 buffer, and a ballistic advantage Hanson barrel together after putting that barrel on. The gun wasn't overgassed anymore, short stroked, and kept ejecting brass right back into my face. I have a burn scar on the side of my neck from one of the casings. Asshole brass.
    Brass can do some crazy stuff. My sister on her first trip to the range with me had a .22 shell lodge itself between her cheek and safety glasses. I was so glad i had the safety talk with her first about putting the gun down in a safe direction if you have any problems.
    And the funniest was my ex going to the range dressed way too "sexy". Hot 9mm brass down the front of her top. Burn scar that was still there when we broke up.

Anyway. No slick side upper for you. I have to imagine that left hand ejection and bolts (+any parts you might need) must cost a fortune.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

I'm a lefty, I own and run a "righty" 9MM AR no problem (or any other "righty" AR).

-Left index finger drops the bolt
    -Side of left index finger engages and disengages the safety.
    -Thumb on right hand releases the mag when removing or inserting a new one
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Stag Arms make left hand ejection 9mm uppers

https://youtu.be/TgOuda23AOA
    Last edited by hzox221; May 20th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Allegheny County)

And if you eat your Wheaties, you won't have to be afraid of a little 9mm recoil.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm a lefty, I own and run a "righty" 9MM AR no problem (or any other "righty" AR).

-Left index finger drops the bolt
    -Side of left index finger engages and disengages the safety.
    -Thumb on right hand releases the mag when removing or inserting a new one
    I used that technique for my first AR build in my 20s and hated it. I have a stag single sided left hand safety in my spare parts bin that I'll give you if you want it. My preference is an ambi selector, switch to fire with my thumb, switch back to safe with trigger finger so I'll never use it. PM me if you want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast