Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

We've purchased 1 gun from them, at a gun show. A GSG-5PK, at a great price. We do buy a decent amount of mags from them, and IIRC, at a gun show, Vicki allowed me to paw through all of their USGI M1 Carbine mags to decide which ones I wanted.

We'd visit the store, but it's a few hours from us. Up until a few days ago, when I quit my part-time job, I worked for a local outdoors retailer, and always carried a few of their cards with me. If someone would ask about a mag we didn't have in stock, I'd always give them a card and suggest they call Ed's Sport Shop.

(York County)

Vicki has probably forgotten more about magazines then most of us will ever know in our lifetimes. Even when she doesn't know, her guesses are right on. I brought two strange magazines to her at the last York show and asked her what firearm they were for. She said she wasn't sure, but gave me two manufacturers to check. Sure enough it was one of the two she told me to check. If I have a question about magazines, she's the one person I turn to.

(York County)

Im still kicking myself in the ass for not buying that HK USP Tactical 45 he had at the York gun show last year. It was in used but excellent condition, and I think $700 was a fair price for it.

(Delaware County)

I stopped by Ed's yesterday after coming out of the woods from turkey hunting. First time I've been to their shop, but purchased a Winny turkey gun at the Valley Forge show about 12 years ago. The shop is awesome, nice selection of long guns and pistols, some used stuff and tons of accessories and ammo, espcecially bulk ammo. I was in the mood for an AK, and can't find them anywhere now around me, wouldn't you know it, Ed's had a few of them. Not only a nice selection, but great prices too. So much so that not only did I get the AK, but picked up a Hi-Point 9mm carbine while I was at it, oh and a bunch of extra AK mags and a few boxes of ammo for both guns. I'm kicking myself for not getting a case of 7.62, after I came home and searched the online prices and realized Ed's was cheaper. I was eyeballing a Glock 37 too, I just can't help myself .....no worries, it will give me a reason to go back, and pick up some bulk ammo while I'm at it!! Overall a fantastic experience at Ed's, great prices, selection and very helpful and knowledgable staff....stop in if you get a chance!!!

Saturday was a great day for a motorcycle ride. As luck would have it, I followed 309 into Tamaqua, via Pocono Mountain Leather.

Had the opportunity to look at the prices. Average for what I am used to though there was some good prices.

Talked with the staff. Friendly, and knowledgeable. They did not pick on me, even when I gave them a great opportunity. (Be careful with Winchester Serial Numbers. 286XXX is different than 286XXXX).

And they had an original S&W mag that I wanted.

It was a great visit, and will probably go back on my next ride.

(Berks County)

Is this shop still around? Curious, as I may be stopping in soon.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Berks County)

Yes it is. I love taking a ride up there. Good inventory, quality brands, and their prices are competitive.
    I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination.--HST

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Is this shop still around? Curious, as I may be stopping in soon.
    Also they always have a stand at the Harrisburg Gun show..(Which I am not a fan of due to parking costs) and they also have a stand at the Lebanon Valley Gun show..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234