Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Wolf impeachment started by Rep Metcalfe

Got this in an email this afternoon

Metcalfe to Introduce Wolf
    Impeachment Resolution

HARRISBURG — State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) today circulated a memorandum asking colleagues in the state House to co-sponsor a resolution calling for the impeachment of Gov. Tom Wolf:

The text of the memorandum is below:

“Gov. Wolf’s orders in response to the COVID-19 outbreak have violated a number of our God-given rights affirmed in the United States Constitution. In particular, his order mandating the closure of physical locations of all businesses that he has deemed ‘non-life sustaining’ has violated our citizens’ rights in many devastating ways.

“His order constitutes a taking of property from business owners without just compensation. The lack of due process and judicial review permitted under his order also violates the Constitution. In addition, this order coupled with the stay-at-home order, has violated our rights to free speech and assembly.

“Another troubling aspect of his mandates is the utter lack of transparency demonstrated by the administration during this time, as agencies under his control have stopped responding to requests for records and his office has refused to provide vital information. The waiver process established under the Department of Community and Economic Development resulted in arbitrary and capricious decisions about which businesses may stay open.

"The public, press and General Assembly all have the right to know about these decisions and how they have been made. While the Wolf administration has finally slowly begun to release some of the relevant information regarding which businesses received waivers, they have yet to release any information about how or why these decisions were made. His delays and obfuscation have been, and continue to be, entirely unacceptable.

“His failure to adequately administer our unemployment compensation system has made it so that countless Pennsylvanians who have recently become unemployed due to his orders have been unable to collect the benefits they require to meet their basic needs.

“His focus on restraining business is particularly disturbing, as the majority of deaths due to the pandemic have been residents of long-term care facilities. The governor should have focused his attention there, but he has entirely failed to implement a comprehensive state plan to protect our most vulnerable citizens who reside in nursing homes, which have had inadequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment and testing kits throughout the outbreak.

“As Gov. Wolf has violated so many of our fundamental rights as citizens of the Commonwealth, I will be introducing a resolution impeaching the governor and exhibiting Articles of Impeachment to the Senate. His actions plainly constitute the misbehavior in office required for his impeachment under the Pennsylvania Constitution.

“While these are certainly challenging times, Gov. Wolf must be held accountable for his actions that have harmed so many of our citizens and violated so many of our rights. No individual or office is above the law.”

So we'll see what Wolf does next.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; May 15th, 2020 at 02:21 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Default Re: Wolf impeachyment started by Red Metcalfe

How do we push this?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    How do we push this?
    We can email him and tell him we are with him 100%.
    http://www.repmetcalfe.com/

Can also email our Reps and tell them to stand with Metcalfe on this.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Centre County)

I started by calling my Rep and telling his aide to tell him to sign on as a co-sponsor.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Wolf impeachment started by Rep Metcalfe

I am guessing Wolf will disregard this because he knows that if it goes to trial in the Senate, there will probably not be a 2/3 majority to convict him. Also, The general assembly has (to the best of my knowledge) been unable to override any of Wolf's recent vetoes.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I am guessing Wolf will disregard this because he knows that if it goes to trial in the Senate, there will probably not be a 2/3 majority to convict him. Also, The general assembly has (to the best of my knowledge) been unable to override any of Wolf's recent vetoes.
    Then just call it what it is - treasonous behavior against the citizens of Pennsylvania...
    - bamboomaster

Emailed, thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Still important to make the stand.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Centre County)

But if it goes to the senate that means he is impeached, according to a certain california house speaker...……..
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Berks County)

D26ECCD6-53EE-45C3-90ED-C59AE6287E81.jpg

Maybe we should also use this hotline?
    Last edited by loknload; May 15th, 2020 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast