Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Fortis K2 ratcheting system - don't waste your money!

So apparently my thing is wasting money on "locking" castle nut assemblies that don't actually work.

This one looked good from their video. You could hear positive ratcheting. The design looks simple enough but not so simple like the pws system that was also complete crap.

This one uses a spring loaded arm to actually operate a ratchet. The parts look much better machined than the pws castle nut where the ratchet stops were inconsistent to say the least.

This looked like it should work. Before installing i noticed the ratchet release was sticking. Not a good sign. I dropped some oil in and worked the parts. Still sticking. I figured I'll install it and manually engage the ratchet and hope for the best.

No ratcheting sound. No ratcheting action. Castle nut wrench was able to install and remove with no real effort and no need to release the ratchet.

Save your money. We all know i won't. What crappy system should i try next and review so you don't have to waste your money?

Just as a little side note, included with the k2 was a 15% off coupon for my next order. Never again.

-Zach

(Berks County)

Default Re: Fortis K2 ratcheting system - don't waste your money!

Why? I don't see the reason for this existing.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man