Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Smile KEL TEC P-17 ,22lr

Looking for any personal feedback from owners.Looking to get this one for plinking !

Default Re: KEL TEC P-17 ,22lr

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Looking for any personal feedback from owners.Looking to get this one for plinking !
    A couple members on the board have one. I been looking for awhile but they are sold out.I figure for under 200.00 I will give it a try.
    Last edited by Cloud; May 14th, 2020 at 11:58 AM.

Don't own one yet, but lots of good info from folks who do over at KTOG.

Checked out KTOG,forgot I was a member since 2006,lol. I will get one when available they come with 3-magazines !

(Philadelphia County)

got one for $199 out the door today at my LGS... went in for a pickup on another firearm and they had one... now waiting for ranges to open to try it out

Picked one up on Saturday. Took it out to the range yesterday and put 200 rounds through it. The first 150 rounds ran flawlessly. In the last 50, there were three instances where the slide locked back on a live round. Once per mag. Not a failure to feed, just locked back. Racked it and the gun went on running normally. The gun came straight out of the box, no cleaning or lube ahead of time. I'll take it apart and clean it at some point. I was reading over at KTOG that some people that had similar stoppages resolved it by running the gun a bit wet. Also, seems that the gun doesn't like to run dirty. I was shooting Remington Thunderbolts and some Blazer .22lr ammo. Both run great in my CP33, the P17 seemed to like it too for a bit. Next time I take it out I'll see if likes the expensive stuff.

Overall I like this little thing a lot. Sure it looks and feels like a squirt gun, but the trigger is nice, it's accurate, and it's really easy to shoot. My FiL shot it and liked it so much he wants to get two - one for him and one for my MiL.