Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default PSA PA15 classic AR15

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-a2-rifle.html

What do you guys think of the PSA M16 style AR? I always wanted a classic 20 inch barrel AR for the look and extra FPS of the longer barrel. PSA has it for $699 plus $17 shipping then another $50 for transfer fee and background check, so its about $800 total after all fees and tax. I'm considering this one, what do you think?

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: PSA PA15 classic AR15

Good gun, bad price. Things are normalizing, and I'd expect PSA to drop prices in a few months (they've traditionally had good Mem Day and July 4th sales too). If it was me, if wait until it went down to at least $550. Also personal choice, but having had traditional handguards and mlok ones, I'd take mlok any day (and the price is often comparable)

(Montgomery County)

I paid less (admittedly paid way too little, market value is at least double my investment) for a fixed carry handle Colt in great shape.

Granted, mine is 16" with a carbine length gas system (would much prefer rifle length with the fixed handle), but it's got that classic vibe and it's not "yet another PSA" in my safe.

(Montgomery County)

Yup 20" A4 style rifles are awesome, but PSA's prices are a bit high right now. Also remember that complete rifles are always more expensive than a separate complete lower + complete upper that just needs to be pinned together. This is due to the tax charged to the manufacturer for each complete firearm. This is also how traditionally PSA's prices on kits or separate uppers/lowers are so competitive.

Also while the PSA nitride barrels work very well across the board, in normal times they usually have a good supply of the FN 20" CHF barreled uppers for usually about $100 more than their in-house nitride option. You may want to sign up for in-stock notifications of these if you want to spend the extra $$ for the FN barrel.

So 1) how quickly do you want it, 2) are you willing to wait to save maybe $100, 3) are you willing to pay a bit more for the FN barrel, 4) are you willing to wait for both a complete lower and complete upper to be in stock and buy separately to save some money.

You could say screw it and buy now and have fun shooting within two weeks and not worry about saving a couple bucks. Or you could spend a good bit more for an FN M16A4 clone... not sure where the prices of those are nowadays, probably $1k+.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Yup 20" A4 style rifles are awesome, but PSA's prices are a bit high right now. Also remember that complete rifles are always more expensive than a separate complete lower + complete upper that just needs to be pinned together. This is due to the tax charged to the manufacturer for each complete firearm. This is also how traditionally PSA's prices on kits or separate uppers/lowers are so competitive.

Also while the PSA nitride barrels work very well across the board, in normal times they usually have a good supply of the FN 20" CHF barreled uppers for usually about $100 more than their in-house nitride option. You may want to sign up for in-stock notifications of these if you want to spend the extra $$ for the FN barrel.

So 1) how quickly do you want it, 2) are you willing to wait to save maybe $100, 3) are you willing to pay a bit more for the FN barrel, 4) are you willing to wait for both a complete lower and complete upper to be in stock and buy separately to save some money.

You could say screw it and buy now and have fun shooting within two weeks and not worry about saving a couple bucks. Or you could spend a good bit more for an FN M16A4 clone... not sure where the prices of those are nowadays, probably $1k+.
    you're talking about the FN military collector M16? That one is $1600 right now.

(Allegheny County)

At that price point, I'd rather seek out similar offerings from Aero/Stag/Windham.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    you're talking about the FN military collector M16? That one is $1600 right now.
    Yikes, gotcha. It would hold it's value but that's a good chunk of change.

Quote Originally Posted by AHelm3 View Post
    At that price point, I'd rather seek out similar offerings from Aero/Stag/Windham.
    All very good options as well, but the PSA will still edge them out on price.

(Montgomery County)

20" complete upper with carry handle and FN barrel for $529
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...tm_campaign=cl

Wait for the complete A2 lower to come back in stock it will probably be about $169. Puts you at $698 for the same price as OP but with FN barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    20" complete upper with carry handle and FN barrel for $529
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...tm_campaign=cl

Wait for the complete A2 lower to come back in stock it will probably be about $169. Puts you at $698 for the same price as OP but with FN barrel.
    Here’s another way to go if OP is sitting on a spare lower.

Complete CHF kit for $599.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/20-c...rifle-kit.html

Add in a lower from Anderson for $40.00 and PSA has their carry handles for $70.00.

Same kit as above with the 4150 nitride barrels which tend to shoot light out for their price.

$499.99
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html

I have a lot of experience with PSA build kits and rifles and I’ve only had one issue that they took care of within 3 days. I have the 20” CHF kit I posted above which I paid about $50.00 less for over a year ago. I also have a dissaptor clone with the 4150 barrel that shoots lights out. I’ve seen guys getting better accuracy out of the nitride barrels vs the same offering in the CHF barrel. The CHF barrel will shoot great but it will hold up much longer in theory, especially to sustained fire.

You wouldn’t be unhappy with either in my opinion

Option 3 is there’s an add in the classifieds as of today with a member selling the CHF upper complete for about $375.00 with the carry handle if he will ship it or your in the Lancaster area it’s a great deal.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=360472

My personal feeling is that while prices may drop a little it won’t be much. November is right around the corner and ANTI gun nonsense will be ramping up. I also think that PSA has made its name and mark on the gun community and they are able to hang with the others like Aero and Stag easily in quality and reliability and their prices are starting to reflect that. They can charge a bit more now but still come in at a lower price.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 16th, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

(Wayne County)

so the upper can ship directly to my home, but lower must ship to FFL right?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast