Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Aliengear, Some Things Never Change.

Well I've finally come to the conclusion that they have monkeys running the show over at Aliengear Holsters and it's been that way ever since their inception.

A little over 6 years ago I decided to jump on the Aliengear bandwagon to carry a Kimber Custom TLE/RL II TFS inside the waistband. Their website back then clearly listed that particular gun under their Cloak Tuck line. Problem is they made their mold from a railed Sig Sauer and this is NOT the same gun. Reasons I know it's for a Sig? Well first clue is the tell tale Sig slide cuts down the impression. Another dead giveaway is the reverse SIG SAUER ARTIFACT leftover in the mold from the original gun they used. What's different? First the rail on the Sig is shorter and second the trigger guard is about a 1/4" closer to the end of the gun than the Kimber. This will not fit and I gave them 3 opportunities to fix it back then to no avail. I gave up.

Fast forward 6 years to today and I happened to dig out this old holster and figured I'd give it 1 more try to see if they finally got their inventory right. Well I'd be wrong. They still send you a Sig shell for the TLE/RL II TFS which is STILL LISTED on their website. So yea, I doubt they even read my note where I explained their error when I shipped it back to them for the exchange. They just stuffed the same wrong shell into a bag and dumped it into the mail.

Never again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times? I guess I'm the idiot for paying for return shipping to see if they got their shit together over these years.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Aliengear, Some Things Never Change.

I don't care for their holsters either but holy fuck. My negative opinion of them is just based on the design, not getting the wrong thing 4 times though. That sucks, man. Good thing there are thousands of other holster makers out there.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I don't care for their holsters either but holy fuck. My negative opinion of them is just based on the design, not getting the wrong thing 4 times though. That sucks, man. Good thing there are thousands of other holster makers out there.
    You're right, there are way more options out there. But then it makes me wonder why they still have a cult following. It boggles my mind how they can't either get their shit right or remove the option for this gun because they clearly don't offer a shell for this Kimber.

No worries, Crossbreed came in the mail today too. And it fits. The Aliengear is going in the fuck it bucket.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

I'm actually very happy with my Alien Gear holsters. I have two, for a Bersa Thunder 380 and a old S&W 4006. Both fit great.

I've always wanted to try Crossbreed and will someday, but the 2-for-1 deal I got from Alien Gear couldn't be beat at the time.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

I just bought my second aliengear holster. I've had a cloaktuck for my cz p07 for 6ish years that has been flawless. Last spring the kydex finally for a stress fracture, 2p bucks and I had a new one. I didn't opt to send my old shell in for warranty replacement as I figured a fresh purchase would get me carrying faster again. I figure I can send my old shell in for warranty and have an extra on hand, just haven't done so yet.

As an aside the crossbreeds I've had failed after 12-18 months of use.

I also just recently purchased the shapeshift with molle attachment. I was pleased with the quality on it as well.hopefully it performs as well as the cloak tuck.

(Berks County)

We the People holsters did similar to me. 4 in SW64 first holster muzzle stuck out a bit over 1/8inch. Replacement stuck out close to 1/4inch. Replacement was altered on the insertion end for no reason and it was what I considered a second or blemish. I gave up. I want muzzle protection and a covered trigger. How hard is that?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    We the People holsters did similar to me. 4 in SW64 first holster muzzle stuck out a bit over 1/8inch. Replacement stuck out close to 1/4inch. Replacement was altered on the insertion end for no reason and it was what I considered a second or blemish. I gave up. I want muzzle protection and a covered trigger. How hard is that?
    I have a We The People IWB for my Beretta Nano and it's the best holster I found for that gun. Every holster manufacturer has a few holsters for guns they shouldn't bother with or offer for sale.

I wanted an IWB for my p225A1 and I ordered one from Cleveland Kydex because they made a really nice Kydex sheath for my Ontario SP-10 Marine Raider knife. Hokey Smokes the gun would go in but it wouldn't come out. There was no tension adjustment or any way to open it up. I had to cut the holster to get my gun back. I wrote to them and they said using a tension adjustment doesn't work for them. They said send it back and they'll make adjustments but it will take another 6-8 weeks I told Cleveland Kydex to stick to making knife sheaths and I tossed it in the trash and took the $40 loss.

I bought the Blackpoint holster they make for Sig without the Sig emblem, perfect fit. No more $40 holsters for my Sigs.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC