Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTCF renewals

(Chester County)

Default Re: LTCF renewals

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianX View Post
    To quote the author of this reply... Is that the current wait time for new LTCF application appointments, or is that as far out as they are scheduling renewals for? Never knew there was that many people in Chesco looking for LTCF permits.
    Just scheduled my wife's appointment. Next available is mid-February. Still better than what I'm hearing for Philly (summer 2021). I think with sales and everything up so high I've been hearing its a lot of first time buyers and everyone wants to be able to carry now so...

(Chester County)

The February dates are for New Applications Only. If you have a Chester County issued license and are renewing it call the Firearms Unit @ 610-344-6984 and they will schedule you an appointment. They are scheduling appointments in accordance with your expiration date. Since they renew on the spot you will probably be scheduled within the week of your expiration date. They are currently scheduling within 60 days of expiration so they are scheduling for October and November currently.

(Chester County)

I posted in a few other threads already, so why not here...

Scheduled my appointment in July for September 9th; LCTF just came in the mail today...turnaround from appointment was 2 weeks. Not bad considering the full 45 day turnaround I had expected.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianX View Post
    Just an update on mine.. I called on the 45th day, they mailed it out that day..

I have no idea what the delay was other than artificial.. I typically buy 1-2 firearms per month, even during current times, and my pics check comes back instantly with approval.

To quote the author of this reply... Is that the current wait time for new LTCF application appointments, or is that as far out as they are scheduling renewals for? Never knew there was that many people in Chesco looking for LTCF permits.
    They just said February 2021...no clarification on whether it was for new or renewals.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

(Chester County)

I renewed mine this week. (Chester County) I called right away when I rec'd the notice letter in early July, and the earliest appointment available was this week. I could not pick or choose the day/time.
    The LTCF was laminated while I waited, it took 10 minutes. They mumbled something about renewels going smoother than 1st time applications. Not sure why that would matter.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    Wife got her renewal notice in the mail. Despise how the cover letter states that references are mandatory
    Great, just great... It was nice not having to worry about that with Sheriff Welsh. Unfortunately not a lot around me do any shooting & I usually get the "what would you need that for?" line when it comes up. Going to be a chore, with 'rona delays & having to round up references.

(Chester County)

References are optional in Chester County. Again call the Office and they will schedule your appointment for renewal. The online appointments are for new applicants only.

(Chester County)

Renewed today at the Sheriff's office. Waited 3 minutes and they re-issued for another 5 years.

Easy as pie. Glad to be in Chester County and no longer in Montgomery County!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12