Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Monthly Holster Subscription Box?

Tried googling it but turned up nothing. Why is this not a thing? I'm talking exclusively for holsters and mag carriers, nothing else.

In my mind it would have a website where you create a profile with the firearm(s) and or mag carriers you wish to carry and how you would want to carry them and they send you a different sample of a product to try out for a month and you either keep it at full price because you like it or return it. For the convenience of the trial a small monthly fee would apply off the top. There are clothing subscription boxes like this, why not for holsters?

Everyone has a drawer full of holsters that were either not quite as comfortable as they had hoped or didn't quite work like they thought it would. This is a missed business opportunity and I'm sure there could be a secondary market for the returned holsters too.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Monthly Holster Subscription Box?

IMO the company would eventually loose out because they couldn't sell the holsters that were returned after a trial use as new.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    IMO the company would eventually loose out because they couldn't sell the holsters that were returned after a trial use as new.
    That would be the toughest logistic. If holster manufacturers could offer discounts to the company running the subscription box that would certainly help. The subscription service fee would also have to be a little higher too, maybe prohibitively so. I think I'd be willing to drop at least $20/month for the subscription and pay MSRP when I found one I liked.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That’s what I think also. Besides that, who wants the hassle every month? Every " of the month " club turns out to be a giant waste of money. Cancelled way to late after any desire has long evaporated.

Holster Regret is the mother of pocket carry and Mexican.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

I think what would be better would be the Warby Parker (eyeglasses) business model. Five holsters sent to you to try for five days. This allows you to pick your favorite and then keep it.

The problem with a monthly holster subscription is changing your holster every month is bad training tactics. Pick one, get used to it and then leave it be so when it comes time to draw, you do so instinctively.

(Bucks County)

It's a niche market, too small to make any money
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire