Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Chester County)

Default Re: PA House Speaker Demands Schools Reopen in the Fall

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I honestly believe that most teachers are doing a pretty good job. But in some circles you're still always labeled a lazy, commie liberal who hardly does anything productive/always trying to indoctrinate students into perverse actions, has summers off, gets a ridiculous salary and raises, as well as a cushy pension, all at the taxpayers expense.

I have to say, one of those circles seems to be here, where nearly everyone jumps on the bash the teachers bandwagon. Teachers are the front line. They don't make policy. The vast majority of the ridiculous stuff comes from D.C. and Harrisburg, and sometimes from administrators who haven't been in a classroom for 15-20 years, if ever.

Putting all teachers in that boat because some are horrible is just like the anti gunners vilifying all of us for the actions of a few.

You conveniently forgot to add the power hungry Teachers unions that have been robbing the public blind along with protecting the bad teachers no matter what they've done. Once teachers unions had become a power to deal with education in the US has become a joke. The country's education systems on average are no better than third world countries in Africa. You can conveniently try to push the problem off on someone else but until we as Americans are able to wrest control back of education from the teachers unions the problem of kids not being educated won't be solved.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    You conveniently forgot to add the power hungry Teachers unions that have been robbing the public blind along with protecting the bad teachers no matter what they've done. Once teachers unions had become a power to deal with education in the US has become a joke. The country's education systems on average are no better than third world countries in Africa. You can conveniently try to push the problem off on someone else but until we as Americans are able to wrest control back of education from the teachers unions the problem of kids not being educated won't be solved.
    ^^^^This. Teacher's Unions like the AFT and NEA are corrupt, Democrat power brokers and operatives. They've all but destroyed U.S. Education.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The funny thing about people like Johnnyc is they claimed this moral high ground and being well educated but if asked to point to China on a map they'd have to think about it for a while before making a choice. Then if you ask them who was the third president or name the three branches of government they go totally blank and have no idea but they can surely tell you some incorrect information on Karl Marx they learned in college.
    what Jennifer said.

Online learning is a fail. Public schools brain wash kids. I recommend home school or private school. People goto college for Psychology and liberal arts for what? Kids goto college nowadays to drink and pick up girls.

(Juniata County)

If covid 19 is the serious threat we are lead to believe, then schools should already be opened as emergency shelters, and teachers should be staffing them and maintaining orders.

Specifically, any covid+ person should be quarantined (a proven and effective health measure for thousands of years), in those schools.

Likewise, anyone exposed, but not +, could be sheltered in other schools, until the accepted 14 day time frame has passed.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    If covid 19 is the serious threat we are lead to believe, then schools should already be opened as emergency shelters, and teachers should be staffing them and maintaining orders.

Specifically, any covid+ person should be quarantined (a proven and effective health measure for thousands of years), in those schools.

Likewise, anyone exposed, but not +, could be sheltered in other schools, until the accepted 14 day time frame has passed.
    Not in their UNION contract.

Not in anyone's contract...nor should it be!

"teachers should be staffing them and maintaining orders"

Everyone knows teachers got mad medical and police skills! And perhaps police should be grooming dogs and brain surgeons working as cashiers.

Where does this ridiculousness come from???

You want to bash someone? Trump is a good start, then Wolf, and then most politicians down the line. Get your representatives to vote for term limits. Blaming teachers and unions (yeah, those things that got you, your parents, your grandparents a living wage and decent benefits) is like blaming forks for obesity. Yeah, stole that one for the Pro-Gun world.
    I hope I haven't bruised anyone's sensitive side.

"You conveniently forgot to add the power hungry Teachers unions that have been robbing the public blind along with protecting the bad teachers no matter what they've done. Once teachers unions had become a power to deal with education in the US has become a joke. The country's education systems on average are no better than third world countries in Africa. You can conveniently try to push the problem off on someone else but until we as Americans are able to wrest control back of education from the teachers unions the problem of kids not being educated won't be solved."

"The funny thing about people like Johnnyc is they claimed this moral high ground and being well educated but if asked to point to China on a map they'd have to think about it for a while before making a choice. Then if you ask them who was the third president or name the three branches of government they go totally blank and have no idea but they can surely tell you some incorrect information on Karl Marx they learned in college."

"Online learning is a fail. Public schools brain wash kids. I recommend home school or private school. People goto college for Psychology and liberal arts for what? Kids goto college nowadays to drink and pick up girls."

"You conveniently forgot to add the power hungry Teachers unions that have been robbing the public blind along with protecting the bad teachers no matter what they've done. Once teachers unions had become a power to deal with education in the US has become a joke. The country's education systems on average are no better than third world countries in Africa. You can conveniently try to push the problem off on someone else but until we as Americans are able to wrest control back of education from the teachers unions the problem of kids not being educated won't be solved."

I'm honestly not sure which is worse and more frightening here, the ignorance or the insanity. If I didn't have to continue working teaching your kids and grandkids (yes, at 8:44PM on a Friday evening), I would stick around, but the sadness is just too pervasive. Gotta go prepare a lesson on the 2 Chinas, the entire Constitution, and Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels vs. Adam Smith.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Not in anyone's contract...nor should it be!

"teachers should be staffing them and maintaining orders"

Everyone knows teachers got mad medical and police skills! And perhaps police should be grooming dogs and brain surgeons working as cashiers.

Where does this ridiculousness come from???

You want to bash someone? Trump is a good start, then Wolf, and then most politicians down the line. Get your representatives to vote for term limits. Blaming teachers and unions (yeah, those things that got you, your parents, your grandparents a living wage and decent benefits) is like blaming forks for obesity. Yeah, stole that one for the Pro-Gun world.
    I hope I haven't bruised anyone's sensitive side.
    When was the last time you looked up what’s happening to unions not backed by tax payer money? If unions were as strong as you say, why are people dumping them left and right? Union membership is way down and some locals are going broke mine included. Now for your teachers. You say that teachers don’t make policy, well when was the last time you seen teachers publicly speaking out against policy? All I ever seem to see them talking about when on strike is money and benefits. No regard for people paying their salaries or pensions. They seem to think everyone has bottomless pockets.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post

"The funny thing about people like Johnnyc is they claimed this moral high ground and being well educated but if asked to point to China on a map they'd have to think about it for a while before making a choice. Then if you ask them who was the third president or name the three branches of government they go totally blank and have no idea but they can surely tell you some incorrect information on Karl Marx they learned in college."

"Online learning is a fail. Public schools brain wash kids. I recommend home school or private school. People goto college for Psychology and liberal arts for what? Kids goto college nowadays to drink and pick up girls."

I'm honestly not sure which is worse and more frightening here, the ignorance or the insanity. If I didn't have to continue working teaching your kids and grandkids (yes, at 8:44PM on a Friday evening), I would stick around, but the sadness is just too pervasive. Gotta go prepare a lesson on the 2 Chinas, the entire Constitution, and Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels vs. Adam Smith.
    Leftist propaganda in our school systems is the problem not the answer. Leftist propaganda comes from Unions and Unions only want power. The children are an afterthought.

Last edited by JenniferG; May 16th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345