Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone carry a back up gun?

No current need with all the COVID-19 stuff going around, but as a BUG, a LC9SPro in an ankle holster is my go-to option, especially when going into Philadelphia.

I'm an H&K guy, but that LC9 at 0.9" wide is a perfect BUG.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Past two months....yes.
    HK P2000SK SOB IWI & Sig 238 on the ankle. Both are extremely comfortable when walking.

(York County)

I've been carrying an LCP in left front pocket in a Sticky holster for many years. It's access is somewhat contingent upon pants size. Tighter pockets are challenging, so prefer cargo pants/shorts, but it's usually jeans. My M&P 40 is my principle on my right hip. I sometimes carry just the LCP for dressier occasions if the 40 in the IWB doesn't quite work. Beats having nothing.

(Juniata County)

Would be interested in a review of these ankle holsters. I*ve always thought they seemed uncomfortable and not very secure.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    its a full size CZ 75B IWB. It's a gun I can shoot accurately even at 20+ yards.
    The more compact or micro pistols in my opinion are not accurate especially in 9mm.
    You need to change your 2nd statement to “I am not accurate with compact 9’s” because they very accurate, and hits on man sized targets out to 50 yards are easily made with the Shield, Glock 43, and the Sig P365. 25 to 30 yards is cake with a good set of fiber optic or hi viz sights.

Your chances in being in a gun fight are tiny, your chances in being in one over 15 feet is even less.

As far as ankle carrying a G19 comfortably and securely as is tight to your leg all day, I’m going to have to say unless this holster comes with a roll off duct tape I don’t see it happening. I have read complaints about excessive rubbing and discomfort from users after 4 or 5 hours due to the tight wrap you have to wear over it.

Put a J frame revolver in a Galco ankle glove or a belly band for better access or in the event you had to make a contact shot.
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 1st, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Would be interested in a review of these ankle holsters. I*ve always thought they seemed uncomfortable and not very secure.
    I've worn the Galco one (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for periods in excess of 14+ hours. Sure, summertime it's a little warm, but manageable. Considering how long I've had it on without removing it, I'd have to give it 5 stars, at least from my perspective!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I've worn the Galco one (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for periods in excess of 14+ hours. Sure, summertime it's a little warm, but manageable. Considering how long I've had it on without removing it, I'd have to give it 5 stars, at least from my perspective!
    I never knew they made one that wasn't leather.
    I have a Galco Ankle Glove for my Colt Pony and it's extremely comfortable - even for all day wear.

Search "Ankle Holster" here on this site and Galco Ankle Glove and DeSantis "Whateverit'scalled" seem to be the top favorites.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I will carry my P32 as a backup in a Holster Shirt from Concealed Carry Wear. Sometimes it's used as my primary carry means if I'm wearing a suit or have my shirt tucked in. It doesn't look pretty, but it's meant to go under another shirt. Good quality shirt that comes in a wide range of sizes. I tend to wear dark color clothing and I'm a big guy, so on me you can't even tell I'm carrying anything unless you pat me down or hug me.

You can accomplish the same thing with a Stoner Strapless Shoulder Holster. Same concept as a belly band, except you wear it around or just below your moobs. They're supposed to be very comfortable.

(Lehigh County)

1) Ruger SR9c w/ optional 17 + 1 mag on hip

BUG:

2) Ruger LCP II .380 6 + 1 mag inner breast jacket pocket in winter, in summer, less likely to carry it but sometimes just in pants pocket because it's so small.
    -jFw

(Chester County)

Now that the weather has turned cool and I started wearing pants for work I finally tried out my Alien ankle holster for my shield. I wear cargo pants not jeans mind you and nobody in the world would be able to tell that I had a gun on my ankle. I did go to the 7 round mag for size and weight reduction and eventually forgot I was even wearing it. It is THAT comfortable. I know this was a BUG thread but saw there was interest in ankle holsters so figured I'd share my thoughts.
    Funny story: It took more than 6 weeks to get this holster and after I finally got notice that it had shipped. The arrival date came and no holster although I the email said delivered to front door. Well not my front door. Called Alien and they said it was delivered to my address. Nope. Very helpful girl from Alien said they would express another one out to me the next day and two days later got it. Well by that time it was late May and shorts were being worn every day so holster went in a drawer to wait for fall. Sometime in August a package showed up at my door unexpectedly and guess what. Yup, Alien ankle holster. So now I have a BUH. Back up holster. Am I a douchebag for not sending it back or is it restitution for the "lost" first order?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast