Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Anyone carry a back up gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Nope.

Wait. A "more compact backup gun - a G19 - in an ankle holster???"

What the hell is your primary carry gun, a Desert Eagle?

LOL
    its a full size CZ 75B IWB. It's a gun I can shoot accurately even at 20+ yards.
    The more compact or micro pistols in my opinion are not accurate especially in 9mm.
    Last edited by Will3212; May 6th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.

(Chester County)

My back up is a knife with a blade long enough to reach your vitals.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    its a full size CZ 75B IWB. It's a gun I can shoot accurately even at 20+ yards.
    The more compact or micro pistols in my opinion are not accurate especially in 9mm.
    Awesome. CZ75 is probably one of the most natural shooting guns I've ever tried.
    I don't own one though because it's far too big/heavy for carry - for me. (I won't even carry the G19 - it's our house gun)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    My back up is a knife with a blade long enough to reach your vitals.
    The words of a woman who knows the way to a man's heart is between the 4th and 5th ribs...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    I carried a BUG while on duty as a LEO, always a J Frame revolver - different models over the years. Never carried one off duty nor do I carry one now.

Regarding ankle carry - I have used them from time to time. While working plain clothes during my Pro Act Unit assignment (anti-crime unit) when we were working "john" decoys. Very easy to get to the gun while seated in car, also when working bar's the "ladies" would run their hand along your back and side to check for holstered weapon, so ankle carry again. My opinion - ankle carry = a small revolver, think J frame, detective special, or nowadays even Ruger LCR.

Still have my ankle holster today - its my "going to a wedding" holster.

I've never been a fan of pocket carry, I've only used it a handful of times in the past 35 years. But some people do like it, its good to have options - allows one to complete the "mission" of being able to be armed 24/7/365.
    Did when I was working.
    Agree with the J frame

The S&W bodyguard is my "wedding and funeral" gun.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

I consider it prudent to carry a second gun, so I do. As one friend has said, If you prepare for the average gunfight, you are under prepared for 50 percent of them.

Rick

(Allegheny County)

I carry BUG not so much for myself, but for the ability to arm my loved ones if I had to venture out while they would stay in place in a shtf situation.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Chester County)

I don’t carry a BUG, and I’m generally not a fan of ankle carry. Ankle carry is really only practical when you are seated in a car. If you’re going to be sitting in traffic in a high crime area then I can understand it. I can also understand it for something like a wedding or funeral or other event you may need to dress up. Aside from those situations, I’ll carry a primary firearm and spare mag. ......either way, to each their own. This is America, do as you please.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    My first carry gun was a Cz75 clone(tanfoglio), and my second(arcus), and third(sarsilmaz). My fourth was a kahr cm9 for pocket carry/deep concealed. Hated the trigger, seemed as accurate as all other mouse guns, belly to wall range lol. Didnt much care for it. While browsing waiting on a transfer it was suggested i get a grip on a p365 and i fell in love. Mind you, i hate striker fired guns, had a glock (i think it was a 23, 2nd gen/almost a decade ago) and sold it after 2 range trips.
    I purchased the sig p365 on the grip/egros, and the ease of racking the slide alone(rheumatoid).

What shocked me was how damn accurate and soft it shoots.
    If you havent picked one up or tried one out, i think you may be pleasantly surprised. Did i mention it will disappear in damn near any pocket?

(Montgomery County)

I have the ability to carry up to 3 guns at a time. G26 on the ankle (heavy, need an ankle holster for the 43 or J frame), 43 in pocket, and 19 or larger on the hip.

Do I do this in practice? No, not really. Did a couple times to see if it was livable, it was, I consider it an option for times of extreme unrest. We're not quite there, if there's riots all over the place I'll do that. My current EDC is the 26, strong side pocket. If I'm OC, I do retain a pocket gun, whatever I feel like bringing along that fits.

Now, as to ankle carry in general, if I'm going to be spending a lot of time driving in-state, I'll ankle carry on purpose. Very easy to draw while seated in the vehicle, unencumbered by seat belts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast