Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: TX Sheriff Uses Assault Vehicle and SWAT to break up Re-Opening Protest

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Looks like these guys weren't so tough. A little chubby perhaps, but not so tough.
    This OPP didn't classify as a suicide mission. You don't grow grey by being stupid.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: TX Sheriff Uses Assault Vehicle and SWAT to break up Re-Opening Protest

Were the people arrested actually breaking the law ??? If so, as so many have pointed out here, if ya wanna stay alive and out of jail, simply follow the law.
    All that is needed for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

(Berks County)

Maybe it was all staged and now they have a mission.
    My 'c' isn't working so I have to use substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe it was all staged and now they have a mission.
    I'm thinking the same, seems quite odd to go to a bar armed and let the cops walk all over you.

A real armed squad would have drawn on the cops as soon as that goon mobile crossed the property line.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I'm thinking the same, seems quite odd to go to a bar armed and let the cops walk all over you.

A real armed squad would have drawn on the cops as soon as that goon mobile crossed the property line.
    erikparker_t810.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Were the people arrested actually breaking the law ??? If so, as so many have pointed out here, if ya wanna stay alive and out of jail, simply follow the law.
    Debatable. In TX it's a felony offense to carry into certain liquor establishments. But being outside the bar and being arrested is very questionable.

"Just follow the law and you'll be alright" - what happens when the law is too complex and full of traps? Then you either have to risk it or give up all your guns. "Just" follow the law is a shitty solution. The cops should "just" honor their oath.

Also just because you demonstrate doesn't mean you have to open fire if shit goes south. That's the equivalent of people saying "if you draw your handgun in self defense you HAVE to shoot!!!" Just dumb.

(Philadelphia County)

Apparently, “it wasn’t time!”

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Apparently, “it wasn’t time!”
    Not for those posers (teletubbies) HAHA

Not for those posers (teletubbies) HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Which one is your favorite? Is it Tinky Winky in the green shirt? Dipsy in the blue one? Laa-Laa in the orange with the vest and extra mags? Or perhaps it was Po, the skinny one on the right? You would think a person with a USMC moniker (I'll assume you are a bona fide veteran) would see these clowns for the frauds they really are.
    It has nothing to do with being "clowns or frauds" if the cops start arresting people during one of the pro 2a protests in this state you better be the first going guns blazing otherwise you are just some boot licking loudmouth troll. Plenty of the guys I served with are cops and none would pull this shit under the guise of "just following orders"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    You clearly did not bother to watch the whole video for background and context. If you did, then you knew what lengths the protestors and the bar owner went to so as to be in compliance with the law and to inform law enforcement, but wrote that comment anyhow?

These guys have done this before, including within the City limits (not Sheriff jurisdiction) shortly before this crackdown without incident. They have done it at other protests. They did not just show up ran only in concert with a First Amendment protest. They go hand in hand. Do you think Wolf and his PASP might not try something like this if he thought he could get away with it?

People on this forum do this sort of protest too and should such protests make sense again, this is the sort of thing that folks have to consider in planning.

One last angle, in a follow on press conference (not under oath), the Sheriff said his reaction was not planned (dubious). "Giffis said he didn’t know about the rally until a member of the media called Monday in reference to a Facebook post about “armed individuals in body armor and M.A.S.H. and possible automatic weapons.” He said that it was alarming they were coming to West Texas. Apart from the obvious contradiction (not planned/planned), I see signs of a media attempt at a SWATing here. If true, they almost got their wish.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast