Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig P320 compact 9mm

So about 7-8 months ago I bought a P 320 compact 9mm from Mechanicsburg Ordnance, it was used but not much and had not had the recall done. I put 250 rounds through it at a range session and did not do well. Quite honestly I wouldn’t have hit a Humvee 7yds away!!! I promptly returned to the shop and made a deal for another firearm and Randy as usual took very good care of me. Well as of the last few weeks I have the itch for same said pistol...what is the consensus on this pistol? I’ve read both sides of people loving and hating them. Believe it or not a Sig forum thread I read most of them liked the M&P better than the 320. I have an M&P in 9 and 45 and love them and shoot them real well. What I think the issue was with the Sig is the trigger, not that it’s bad but not a Glock that I am so accustom to. The M&P is a natural transition from Glock since they are so similar but I feel with some practice I can get the Sig to work for me. Who’s got these P320’s and what do you think about em?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P320 compact 9mm

I bought a gently used one on here last year, and I love it. Mine has had the recall performed, and I've had no issues with it. Trigger is not the best I've shot, but leagues better than most of the factory glocks I've handled. I do have a preference towards striker fired guns though. I'm no sharpshooter, but at 50 yards or so, I was pinging an IPSC full-size steel torso with about half of my shots over the weekend. At 7-10 yards, it shoots quite well for me, whether I'm just warming up with slow fire or doing holster/target drills. The gun is definitely still more accurate than I am.

I really like it because as a guy with hands on the larger side, it's got a thick grip for a compact, and feels great in the hand. If I'm carrying, it's usually my go-to, concealed or open.

A bonus to working at the shop was I got free rentals when my shift was over. I like the M&P9 a fair bit too, but I just shoot the Sig better. Feels better in my hands, like it a lot more. If I HAD to get a smaller gun though, I would do the M&P Shield 9. Smallest gun I've used that I can still shoot what I would consider "well."
    I just love shooting.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a bunch of them, and I have come to realize that I kind of hate them. I have P320 FS and Compact in 9mm; have a 320c in .45; have an M17 9mm and a 320c in .40. The only one I actually do like is the M17. And when I commented on that to a friend of mine that works at a gun shop, he told me of course I do, since that has the same trigger as the X5. So that about covers it for me. If I was making a recommendation, it would be to find a version that has some sort of upgraded trigger over the basic P320.

And spare me the comments about keeping on buying them if I don't like them. Every one of these was won at various gun bashes or on gun tickets, most acquired before I had much trigger time at all on any of the early ones.

(Montgomery County)

I hear almost nothing but positivity for all P320s. I enjoy the modular aspect of the platform and they perform well for me. Then again I'm not picky - I shoot other striker fired polys all about the same.

Was it the pistol not hitting 7 yards or was it you? A moot point though as if it doesn't shoot well for you - then you're either out of luck or have to dedicate training time to it.

Maybe pickup an Xcarry, they seem to be favorites due to the flat trigger, optics mounting and shootability balance of the full size grip and compact sized frame. You can also pickup a compact grip module for $35 and a 15 round, compact magazine and now you sort of have two guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I hear almost nothing but positivity for all P320s. I enjoy the modular aspect of the platform and they perform well for me. Then again I'm not picky - I shoot other striker fired polys all about the same.

Was it the pistol not hitting 7 yards or was it you? A moot point though as if it doesn't shoot well for you - then you're either out of luck or have to dedicate training time to it.

Maybe pickup an Xcarry, they seem to be favorites due to the flat trigger, optics mounting and shootability balance of the full size grip and compact sized frame. You can also pickup a compact grip module for $35 and a 15 round, compact magazine and now you sort of have two guns.
    I don’t think it was the gun. I think it was me being used to Glock type triggers where there is a wall and break the P320 is smooth right through. I’m not big on optics and all the fufu stuff just plain Jane with some quality sights I can use. I’m really only looking at the standard compact model with a good chance for an FDE frame.

(York County)

I've got a full-size P320, the M&P9 pro series, M&P9c, and the M&P45 too. I love Sigs, having carried the P239 for almost 20 years. The P320 is the most accurate semi-auto handgun I own, but I can shoot the M&P faster and more comfortably than the Sig. The bore axis is just so much closer to the hand in the M&P line and the grips are better.

Either one is worth having IMHO!
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; May 6th, 2020 at 07:48 AM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Northampton County)

I have a 320SC and a 320 X carry. I shoot them both well, the SC is a little tough unless you have the mag with the pinky extension but very concealable with the flat mag. I think the xray night sights are some of the nicest sights around. I have several Sigs, most are DA/SA and I wasn't sure how I would like the striker fired setup. As it turned out the two 320's are the ones I carry the most. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Smit

(Montgomery County)

Owning a G34 MOS, I shot a friend’s P320 X5 Legion. I’ll be the first one to say I’m not a Sig fan, That one, however, I went out and bought. The G34 hasn’t seen the range since.

I had to get used to the trigger. It’s more of a rolling break, than a clean one. I don’t think I’d carry a P320 for numerous reasons, but that heavy-framed Legion is a darn nice range gun. Just my 2 cents.

(Lehigh County)

I went out and bought a 320 carry about 6 months after they came out. Gun felt good but I will reiterate what others said about the trigger break being more of a rolling break, but I still shot it better than I do a Glock trigger.
    While my 320 was out getting the recall work done I made the mistake of trying out an H&K VP9. Big mistake.

While not as popular as the MP9 the trigger was by far the best striker fired trigger I have felt for an out of the box gun. It impressed me so much that after a couple of months I picked up a VP9sk which now pulls duty as my primary CCW.

If you haven't tried one of the VP9s yet, I would encourage you to do so.
    My P320 sits unfired since returning from Sig after the recall.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post

If you haven't tried one of the VP9s yet, I would encourage you to do so.
    I second this. I got a hell of a deal on my P320, but would take a VP9 over it. I've only shot the full size, but it was an absolute pleasure to shoot.
    I just love shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast