Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Man arrested for... talking about attending a rally and having reloading supplies?

I sure hope there is more to this story, because what is reported is scary. It reads like the FBI obtained a warrant because a guy discussed open carrying at an anti-shutdown rally. Then it sounds like they found reloading supplies and decided to call them pipe bombs and/or supplies to make pipe bombs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/co...est/index.html

A Colorado man was arrested this weekend after FBI agents found pipe bombs and other illegal destructive devices in his possession that they say the man planned to use at coronavirus protests at the State Capitol in Denver.

Bradley Bunn, 53, was charged with the possession of destructive devices, according to a statement from the District of Colorado US Attorney's Office.

Bunn and his associates discussed attending one of the coronavirus anti-shutdown rallies at the Colorado state Capitol building, a law enforcement source familiar with the case told CNN. The discussion included openly carrying firearms as a show of force, similar to what another group of protestors did at the state Capitol in Michigan last week, the source said.

A search warrant was executed at Bunn's Northern Colorado residence. Agents found four pipe bombs, two 1-pound containers of .308 caliber cartridge reloading gunpowder in Bunn's vehicle, according to a criminal complaint obtained by CNN. Agents found additional bomb components in his home, including galvanized steel pipes, end caps, shotgun primers, fuses, and several bottles of smokeless powder, according to the complaint.

CNN's attempts to reach Bunn or legal representation for him went unanswered.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Man arrested for... talking about attending a rally and having reloading supplies

Has to be more. Like assembly. Posted intentions. Something. Newspaper always gets shit wrong. Like every article something is false.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Default Re: Man arrested for... talking about attending a rally and having reloading supplies

I just read 4-5 articles about this. Combining the elements of different stories (who knows what is factual) he helped organized the rally, was encouraging people too bring "assault" weapons to the really, his posts were seen to be angry in their tone. He had 4 assembled pipe bombs which he claimed were too stop home Invaders if needed.

People said he had not been the same since being the victim of an ied in the service and his daughter is glad that somebody stepped in before he hurt someone.

Like i said, various comments from different articles. It will be interesting to see what the search warrant said.
    Last edited by internet troll; May 5th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

(Clearfield County)

smokeless powder isn't an explosive.

(Montgomery County)

A bunch of patriot types have been 'collected' in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    smokeless powder isn't an explosive.
    Was going to say, good luck making pipe bombs with that, unless you have a priming system,
    like a bullet does.

Glad to see their red flag law is working as intended.

(Berks County)

It would be interesting to hear the whole story, thanks for the research IT. Oh, and how did they determine that that powder was for reloading .308's? I didn't realize that reloading powder was round specific. I wonder how many of us have constructive possession of pipe bombs in our inventory, I'm pretty sure that I have plastic pipe, end caps, PCV glue, galvanized pipe nipples, end caps and drills and bits around here.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It would be interesting to hear the whole story, thanks for the research IT. Oh, and how did they determine that that powder was for reloading .308's? I didn't realize that reloading powder was round specific. I wonder how many of us have constructive possession of pipe bombs in our inventory, I'm pretty sure that I have plastic pipe, end caps, PCV glue, galvanized pipe nipples, end caps and drills and bits around here.
    Future thread: anybody heard from Walleye lately?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I dunno.
    I think this one is going to be in the details.

I did the same kind of research on the story, and this guy was awfully chatty with investigators.
    Why they executed a search of his home is important and matters, but the rest of it looks to be all him with his family asking for intervention.

Regardless, the major media is playing up the guns at rallies angle to try to suppress 2A open carry enthusiasm.
    But it looks to me like the guy made overt threats and the 2A part was incidental, then he went full potato when talking to the Man.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast