Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Man arrested for... talking about attending a rally and having reloading supplies

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    smokeless powder isn't an explosive.
    To be fair, if you contain the propellant in a closed chamber that allows the burning propellant to create high pressure, it can quickly turn from conflagration to detonation. Like others have said, there's more to the story unfortunately.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Default Re: Man arrested for... talking about attending a rally and having reloading supplies

I would think this all comes back to intent. If the suspect filled pipes with bath salts, put a fuse in it and sealed it shut was his intent still not to use it as a pipe bomb? Doesn’t matter if he’s an idiot who understands how chemicals work or not or if it would be successful as a bomb.

It appears he admits to having pipe bombs for “home defense” reasons so right there his intent puts him on the loosing side.

Like many have said I’m sure there’s more to the story so as always I’m not sure why the blanks are being filled in to make the suspect look like an innocent bystander who was just loading up some 9mm on his turret press when the dog shooters kicked in his door. At the same time I’m not ready to call the guy a criminal mastermind and leader of a right wing white power org either.

(Philadelphia County)

Unless he is on a lot of land, I don't think 'pipe bomb' is a good home defense strategy

(Montgomery County)

I'm noticing more and more "constructive intent", guilty until proven innocent, thought crimes being pursued lately. It's a disturbing trend in my opinion. I'm not saying this case exactly fits that bill, but it's certainly reminiscent of it.

Of course these thought crime investigations are targeted at conservatives who would dare question the all-powerful authority.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Unless he is on a lot of land, I don't think 'pipe bomb' is a good home defense strategy
    Too many people took the Doomsday prepper show seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'm noticing more and more "constructive intent", guilty until proven innocent, thought crimes being pursued lately. It's a disturbing trend in my opinion. I'm not saying this case exactly fits that bill, but it's certainly reminiscent of it.

Of course these thought crime investigations are targeted at conservatives who would dare question the all-powerful authority.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"
    It sounds like he had them constructed.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It sounds like he had them constructed.
    Construction and storing/transporting are two different things though. Intent to construct is totally bogus. One I believe is legal if the intent is to use them right away, one requires taxes to be paid and permission slips. Of course local and state laws may come into play, uncle sam just wants his taxes.

And, I'm not a lawyer.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I would think this all comes back to intent. If the suspect filled pipes with bath salts, put a fuse in it and sealed it shut was his intent still not to use it as a pipe bomb? Doesn’t matter if he’s an idiot who understands how chemicals work or not or if it would be successful as a bomb.

It appears he admits to having pipe bombs for “home defense” reasons so right there his intent puts him on the loosing side.

Like many have said I’m sure there’s more to the story so as always I’m not sure why the blanks are being filled in to make the suspect look like an innocent bystander who was just loading up some 9mm on his turret press when the dog shooters kicked in his door. At the same time I’m not ready to call the guy a criminal mastermind and leader of a right wing white power org either.
    Keep in mind all we know about it is from media reports, and the media is proven to universally be full of shit.

308 gunpowder??? That got me thinking.....is .45 gunpowder better than 9MM gunpowder???

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    They aren't pipe bombs, but quick extraction tree stump removal tools!
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; May 5th, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast