Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCCY DVG

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SCCY DVG

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    That's like asking what the problem is with an actual turd. They're just bad guns all around.
    The thing is that this model addresses the common complaints, most notably the heavy DAO trigger pull. If its reliable & durable (and I understand that's a big if) then I see them being good performers for the intended role.

I'll be a guinea pig as soon as they become available (unless my money gets distracted on something else )

(Montgomery County)

Anybody own a SCCY? wondering how the size compares to a G26, Shield and P365... Mostly wondering about the thickness.

I think it goes: shield < P365 < SCCY < G26... Published widths are sometimes misleading as I don't consider a slide stop as part of that measurement.

If anyone has a caliper to take to their SCCY slide and grip I would appreciate it!

The slide on both the Sccy and the G26 are almost identical in width, and the grips are very close as well. For me the Sccy grip was more comfortable then the gen 3 G26.

Takes the slide width measurements at around the 8 min mark.

(Chester County)

I have had a SCCY for about 5 years now. There were some initial reliability issues but dealing with SCCY has always been a first class experience - they truly do stand behind their products.

The reason I bought one in the first place was for pocket carry. My SCCY is a 9mm pistol with internal hammer, not a striker. The trigger pull is long and hard (yeah, snicker away) but I feel very safe in carrying it in a pocket without a holster - something I won't do with a Glock. There is no safety on this pistol but it is almost impossible to fire accidentally.

(Westmoreland County)

Has anyone shot a sccy dvg yet i looked at one at my local gun store but iffy about buying one.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjc View Post
    Has anyone shot a sccy dvg yet i looked at one at my local gun store but iffy about buying one.
    With prices on the Shield plus really down low and the hellcat having the magazine rebate, I'd think hard on getting a 'budget' brand.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjc View Post
    I've yet to see one in real life. I doubt any of my local places will get any in with all the cpx-1's they have sitting around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12