Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Braced pistol picture thread

Digging through threads recently, I ran across discussion of braced pistols. I've been eyeballing CZ Scorpions, but they're a bit pricey. The Extar EP9 is interesting. So, I thought we needed a thread to discuss and show off what all is out there, so folks who are thinking of getting into braced pistols as PDWs can see what's available and what works well or doesn't work well. Guns. Braces. Optics.

And I expect to see LOTS of photos!

And let's try to keep it focused on pistols that can be owned without NFA/SBR paperwork, although that may be hard to do.
    Last edited by Sandcut; April 26th, 2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Braced pistol thread

Are you looking strictly pcc
    Mpx
    Scorpion
    Extar
    B&t has several
    Ruger has one now

(Washington County)

Recently someone told me that an ATF agent informed them that if a pistol brace does not have a velcro strap on it for your forearm, then it is a stock, even if it didn't come with a strap.

I had never heard this before, so I called someone at TFB, and they confirmed that it is not the first time they have heard this, it was not surprising info, and everyone should have a strap on their pistol brace.

It's 100% incorrect to remove a strap from a brace that comes with one, as that would be redesigning it.

But now it sounds like you better add a strap to your brace that didn't come with one, or face the "selective" enforcement of the ATF if you happen to be so unfortunate.

I suggest the Phase 5 universal pistol brace strap, it is $15 on Amazon and available in a variety of colors and camo patterns.

Or grab some double sided 1" velcro and a plastic double loop at walmart.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Recently someone told me that an ATF agent informed them that if a pistol brace does not have a velcro strap on it for your forearm, then it is a stock, even if it didn't come with a strap.

I had never heard this before, so I called someone at TFB, and they confirmed that it is not the first time they have heard this, it was not surprising info, and everyone should have a strap on their pistol brace.

It's 100% incorrect to remove a strap from a brace that comes with one, as that would be redesigning it.

But now it sounds like you better add a strap to your brace that didn't come with one, or face the "selective" enforcement of the ATF if you happen to be so unfortunate.

I suggest the Phase 5 universal pistol brace strap, it is $15 on Amazon and available in a variety of colors and camo patterns.

Or grab some double sided 1" velcro and a plastic double loop at walmart.
    When did this change?

https://www.sb-tactical.com/resource...ry/atf-letter/

(Bucks County)

Wait for that new roller delayed stribog that's coming out soon. That should be an awesome little package.

But a scorpion you cant go wrong with. There aftermarket support from companys like hbi, shooterselement and gear head works you can really transform the scorpion. (Stock trigger is garage on the scorpion) but an hbi spring set with a flat trigger and shooterselement can polish and tune the trigger pack for a 4lb pull.
    Last edited by Snuff; April 26th, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

In the spirit of keeping to the thread topic.

PAK-9 AK style 9m pistol with SBA3 brace.

PSA 8.5" dedicated 22lr upper with SBA3 brace.

PSA AKV-9 9mm AK style pistol with SBA3 brace.

PSA 5.56 11.5" upper with SBA4 brace.

Ruger PC Charger.
    Hopefully this will be my next acquisition and probably last of the 9mm PCP world.

1. Op should have added "picture thread" to the end of the title since this will become a legal back and forth thread.
    2. It's been said from the start that you should not alter your braces from their factory configurations (what ever that may be) since you are changing it's intended purpose.
    Case closed for me.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 26th, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    The only information I have is what I have shared, which was information made available to me last week.

Do with this information what you wish.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

I agree, its is confusing and contradicting.

Personally, I won't own a pistol brace without a strap on it, given what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm a little confused.

As far as I know- If it was designed with a strap, it needs a strap, otherwise as you indicate there has been a "re-design".

If it wasn't designed with a strap like the "Gear Head Works Tail Hook" and has ATF Opinion letter documenting it then I don't think there is any worry. *These are just that- Opinion letters, because remember Bumpstocks had opinion letters too

https://gearheadworks.com/approval-letters/
    Idk about the tailhook, but the blade style brace "needs" one. Apparently there was a "technical bulletin " put out ( interoffice memo) and dont forget they can rescind their approval letters at any time

(Bucks County)

ATI Milsport vs Extar EP9

For cheap practice, Ruger Charger .22

Last edited by carwash; April 26th, 2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast