Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: FOAC 2020 Voting Guide .. not recommendated?

Why the dislike for Fred Keller?
    Life Member NRA,PRPA

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Well I'm thankful that I can think for myself and decide who best represents me and I don't relay on anyone else's recommendations.
    I'm not willing to replace the good work done by FOAC, so I won't focus on their mistakes.

As for elections....what I figured out long ago is that elections are won by the low-info voters turning out. You may be willing to spend hours researching the voting records and public statements of each candidate, but there's no prize for the "smartest vote". Whoever gets the most fingers on their name wins. So the lemmings are important. You may get 5 million educated votes, but if your opponent gets 6 million mouth-breathers bused in to vote for him, he wins.

Leveraging the turnout is important. Making it easy for pro-gun folks to pick pro-gun candidates is valuable. Distinguishing "anti-gun" candidates from "we have no opinion because they didn't jump through our hoops" might be worthwhile. If it were me (and again, I'm not doing the work), I'd rate incumbents based on how they voted in the past, and I'd rate newbies based on what they said on the record in the past.

Trump has governed exactly as he said he would, and the rest of the politicians think he's a freak for doing that. Pre-election talk is cheap, see what they do once they have power.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

I was doing some research and it seems Michael Marsicano and Theodore Daniels are very pro 2nd amendment. If you're in NE PA you can consider one of them for congress. Im leaning more towards Theodore Daniels.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'm fairly confident that there are several special interest groups who contact candidates for information on their various positions. Most of these, including yours, likely end up ignored for a variety of reasons.
    Recommendations would have more value if you did research on the candidates past performance and social media to make determinations as to a candidates viability. If you can't find any information and the candidate doesn't respond simply indicate that.
    Just my opinion.
    This is the most logical.

It gives a history of action, or inaction.
    A better insight to them as a whole versus chest thumping on a stump for voters.

(Blair County)

i know the nra rep is bad but they wright on there list if they did not complete the survey in the small print they consider that bad

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Don't forget the 250K we've spent defending preemption cases in PA? FOAC was well represented that day including a board member speaking... Would you get over it already?
    It would be more honest to say that the organizers granted FOAC a platform, despite Kim's attempts to torpedo the rally. The money you've spent in court is quite irrelevant on this point.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    It would be more honest to say that the organizers granted FOAC a platform, despite Kim's attempts to torpedo the rally. The money you've spent in court is quite irrelevant on this point.
    Ok whatever, I'm done with all this...

(York County)

Considering that Pennsylvania DOES NOT HAVE CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, there's absolutely no room for any 2A organization to be patting themselves on the back for great strides in PA.

In the best interest of the carriers of firearms in PA, ALL the organizations should be working together to get a governor and full legislature that loves, promotes and supports the Constitution of PA and the U.S.A! WE THE PEOPLE need to make every effort at the ballot box to see that that happens. It's no help to us to be misdirected with misinformation simply because any organization is more interested in their own self-aggrandizement. There is ONLY ONE GOAL that should be front and center of every effort, personal or organizational - Constitutional Carry!

We need all our government employees to understand that Pennsylvania's Article 1, section 21 WAS THE BASIS for the 2nd Amendment language and there SHALL BE NO QUESTIONING of our rights to Keep & Bear Arms! We need every 2A organization to be helping THE PEOPLE find out who is a Constitution-loving, 2A supporting, potential employee, with track records to prove it. No matter how 2A a candidate proclaims to be, if they have not asserted the necessity of obeying the Constitution on this AND other issues, they are likely to be corrupted once in office, where they access power by cooperating with their already corrupted colleagues, and abandon any promises they made to get there.

Until the ONE GOAL is accomplished, Constitutional Carry, there is no back slapping that is warranted.

Let's move forward toward that goal instead of milling around trying to figure out who has done the most while not achieving the goal.

The efforts that have accomplished Constitutional Carry in other states put PA efforts to shame.

(Columbia County)

I just noticed the FOAC has their voting recommendations listed on the link at their website
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

I was disappointed and confused to what I found regarding my voting district. Both my State Representative Kurt Masser and State Senator John Gordner were listed as *not recommended *. These two normally vote pro gun. Gordner was very prompt to answer my emails concerning second amendment issues. In addition he even sponsored pro gun legislation (SB 5 for one). Both are running unopposed in the primary. Why are they throwing two pro gun state members of congress under the bus? Do they want the both state legislative houses to fall in the hand of the anti-gun democrats?

Another thing I noticed is that the FOAC recommended GOP Attorney General Candidate Heather S Heidelbaugh. I searched her campaign website and other her other social media and she never posted as a much as a peep on where she stands on gun rights.

I guess it might be anyone but Shapiro but their legislative recommendations or should I say non recommendations in my voting area are disturbing.

I suggest everyone go to the above link and checkout you own voting area.

UPDATE; I just rechecked the FOAC voting recommendations for my voting district . My state senator Gordner' recommendation has been upgraded from "No" to "YES". So recheck you own candidates if you want for any changes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123