Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default FOAC 2020 Voting Guide .. not recommendated?

I just noticed the FOAC has their voting recommendations listed on the link at their website
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

I was disappointed and confused to what I found regarding my voting district. Both my State Representative Kurt Masser and State Senator John Gordner were listed as “not recommended “. These two normally vote pro gun. Gordner was very prompt to answer my emails concerning second amendment issues. In addition he even sponsored pro gun legislation (SB 5 for one). Both are running unopposed in the primary. Why are they throwing two pro gun state members of congress under the bus? Do they want the both state legislative houses to fall in the hand of the anti-gun democrats?

Another thing I noticed is that the FOAC recommended GOP Attorney General Candidate Heather S Heidelbaugh. I searched her campaign website and other her other social media and she never posted as a much as a peep on where she stands on gun rights.

I guess it might be anyone but Shapiro but their legislative recommendations or should I say non recommendations in my voting area are disturbing.

I suggest everyone go to the above link and checkout you own voting area.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; April 25th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: FOAC 2020 Voting Guide .. not recommendated?

That group does not impress me and they have mine screwed up too. Kathy Barnette is my Republican House Candidate and she says that she supports the 2A. I don't know what they're up to. And they also don't support a vote for John Emmons in CHESCO. If they don't know they should just have that on their form.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Take their guide with a grain of salt, because Kim.
    Also because when they don't get feedback from candidates they automatically red flag them even if they would have been pro gun. Happened with our county sheriff on the last election and this guy is about as pro gun as he can possibly be.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Kathy Barnette is my Republican House Candidate and she says that she supports the 2A.
    Keep in mind that just because somebody says that they "support the second amendment", it doesn't mean that the ACTUALLY support it. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by a few weeks ago
    In a viral video that received nearly three million views, Biden is seen huddled around by people in construction hats. The video shows Biden already engaged in a debate with one of the men.

"You are actively trying to amend your Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the man said.

"You're full of s---," Biden replied, adding that "I support the Second Amendment."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Take their guide with a grain of salt, because Kim.
    Also because when they don't get feedback from candidates they automatically red flag them even if they would have been pro gun. Happened with our county sheriff on the last election and this guy is about as pro gun as he can possibly be.
    Every candidate is contacted REPEATEDLY if they don't answer the questionnaire. How pro gun can they be when they can't take 10 minutes of their time? Do you want us recommending someone we know absolutely nothing about?

(Dauphin County)

My representative is endorsed on their website but not on the voter guide. So I’m not sure what is going on there.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Every candidate is contacted REPEATEDLY if they don't answer the questionnaire. How pro gun can they be when they can't take 10 minutes of their time? Do you want us recommending someone we know absolutely nothing about?
    No.
    But the guide should reflect that there wasn't enough information gathered to render a definitive yes or no vote when it happens.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC03TJ View Post
    My representative is endorsed on their website but not on the voter guide. So I’m not sure what is going on there.
    Who? We've gone from paper questionaires to a web based system. It could be this person previously filled one out and didn't update on the site... It's a work in progress folks If you have a candidate that you feel is good contact them and make sure the fill out the questions...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    No but if you don't know WTF can't you just put that down? It makes you look lazy and ignorant. Of course my opinion is irrelevant to you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Do your own research and vote for who you think is the right candidate. We don’t need lemmings on either side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast