Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: FOAC 2020 Voting Guide .. not recommendated?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    No.
    But the guide should reflect that there wasn't enough information gathered to render a definitive yes or no vote when it happens.
    BINGO! And this comes from the same crowd that told us that we should not go to Shittsburgh armed and dangerous but came passing out fundraising information to those of us who were scaring the world and making us look bad.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Who? We've gone from paper questionaires to a web based system. It could be this person previously filled one out and didn't update on the site... It's a work in progress folks If you have a candidate that you feel is good contact them and make sure the fill out the questions...
    Andrew Lewis
    https://foac-pac.org/PA-Legislator-Details/562
    USMC 06-11:OEF, PAARNG 12-present

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    No but if you don't know WTF can't you just put that down? It makes you look lazy and ignorant. Of course my opinion is irrelevant to you.
    Really not sure what the issue is? If the person can't take the time to answer some questions he's not going to get recommended. It's not an issue of not knowing. Hell even after they return them they are contacted to try to educate them about potential issues.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC03TJ View Post
    Thanks

(Clinton County)

Really not sure what the issue is? If the person can't take the time to answer some questions he's not going to get recommended. It's not an issue of not knowing. Hell even after they return them they are contacted to try to educate them about potential issues.
    So can you say with certainty that each and every potential candidate across the entire state to include local, regional and statewide positions is always contacted directly and not some pencil pushing secretary with their own biases?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    BINGO! And this comes from the same crowd that told us that we should not go to Shittsburgh armed and dangerous but came passing out fundraising information to those of us who were scaring the world and making us look bad.
    Don't forget the 250K we've spent defending preemption cases in PA? FOAC was well represented that day including a board member speaking... Would you get over it already?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    So can you say with certainty that each and every potential candidate across the entire state to include local, regional and statewide positions is always contacted directly and not some pencil pushing secretary with their own biases?
    No I can't say that. We get the candidates info from dept of state. If they don't reply we do our best but you can't force them. We attempt by email, postage and if all else fails phone. They also swear to the answers at the end of the survey so the candidate is responsible for the answers.

Edit to add, we don't do "local" elections. County wide and above in off year elections

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Keep in mind that just because somebody says that they "support the second amendment", it doesn't mean that the ACTUALLY support it.
    Yep, and even if they mean it today - while they are trying to get your vote, doesn't mean that they will do anything for the 2nd Amendment when the get elected or maybe even do something against the 2nd Amendment when they get elected. I can think of someone in particular right now that fits that description, but sometimes the choice is between a pile of dog feces and a pile of cow feces.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Bucks County)

No I can't say that. We get the candidates info from dept of state. If they don't reply we do our best but you can't force them. We attempt by email, postage and if all else fails phone. They also swear to the answers at the end of the survey so the candidate is responsible for the answers.

Edit to add, we don't do "local" elections. County wide and above in off year elections
    I'm fairly confident that there are several special interest groups who contact candidates for information on their various positions. Most of these, including yours, likely end up ignored for a variety of reasons.
    Recommendations would have more value if you did research on the candidates past performance and social media to make determinations as to a candidates viability. If you can't find any information and the candidate doesn't respond simply indicate that.
    Just my opinion.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Berks County)

Well I'm thankful that I can think for myself and decide who best represents me and I don't relay on anyone else's recommendations.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast