Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn Renington!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Damn Renington!

A heinous violation of religious standards, an egregious trampling of religious mores. As in, the misspelling of names of highly regarded religious entities such as: Remington, Colt, Winchester

In this time of Covid captivity, when we are forbidden from gathering in groups to demonstrate our dedication to punching holes in the center of paper scrolls, the very least we can do is spell the names of Religious Organizations correctly.

(Lebanon County)

Ohhhh. You mean SACRILEGE.

Unless you are purchasing the premium level of cartridges this could happen from any manufacture. If you wanted that quality in practice or plinking ammo you would not be shooting much due to the price. Using practice range ammo can have an occasional defect, and the malfunction you described would I believe be rare.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by boeing299 View Post
    Ohhhh. You mean SACRILEGE.
    Don’t jump on me for misspelling a word that you didn’t even know what it meant. Jump on the guy who misspelled Remington. For crying out loud, it sounded French with three ‘n’s in it . The only thing missing was a fruity little beret, a riverfront cafe, really bad accents, and a bunch of sissy rifle-droppers holding their cigarettes wrongly.

I’m bored out of my mind. Dr won’t even clear me to ride in a car, my wife is working from home, and she is enforcing the Drs ‘no lifting five pounds’ rule!

(Bucks County)

Gotta admit though, posting a dig on misspelling while creating one is precious!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    A heinous violation of religious standards, an egregious trampling of religious mores. As in, the misspelling of names of highly regarded religious entities such as: Remington, Colt, Winchester

In this time of Covid captivity, when we are forbidden from gathering in groups to demonstrate our dedication to punching holes in the center of paper scrolls, the very least we can do is spell the names of Religious Organizations correctly.
    Mea Culpa! I was more than a little PO'd with ReMington when I posted this and I punched the "n" instead of the "m". Not really unusual because I'm much worse at typing than at reloading and shooting!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Mea Culpa! I was more than a little PO'd with ReMington when I posted this and I punched the "n" instead of the "m". Not really unusual because I'm much worse at typing than at reloading and shooting!
    Edit post then GO ADVANCED and you can fix that! Finger stutter is quite common on these grounds...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Out last night running some vermin out of my yard (4 legged) and armed with my 627 Pro .357. Fired 2 shots to encourage more alacrity in the animals departure and the revo jammed tight on for the 3rd shot. Cylinder wouldn't open, hammer wouldn't cock nothing!, very happy I wasn't facing a real armed opponent or an aggressive animal! Back in the house I had to use a hammer to get the cylinder open and found one of the R-P headstamped cartridges had a bullet that became unseated under recoil. This is 125 gr. factory Soft Point stuff. So now I'll be using 158 gr Winchester until I can re-crimp the R-P junk.

GRRRR!
    alacrity really making me work here brother. Sheesh alacrity.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Out last night running some vermin out of my yard (4 legged) and armed with my 627 Pro .357. Fired 2 shots to encourage more alacrity in the animals departure and the revo jammed tight on for the 3rd shot. Cylinder wouldn't open, hammer wouldn't cock nothing!, very happy I wasn't facing a real armed opponent or an aggressive animal! Back in the house I had to use a hammer to get the cylinder open and found one of the R-P headstamped cartridges had a bullet that became unseated under recoil. This is 125 gr. factory Soft Point stuff. So now I'll be using 158 gr Winchester until I can re-crimp the R-P junk.

GRRRR!
    Well now those light bullets have mucho alacrity and slabbing the sides lightens the pew pew so Arriba aribba.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Carbon County)

It's French?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast