Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Anyone a member of Muhlenburg area shooting association? Referral please!

New to the area, I live off of Bellevue and can hear the range all day. Anyone willing to offer a referral?

Greatly appreciated!
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Berks County)

Default Re: Anyone a member of Muhlenburg area shooting association? Referral please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    New to the area, I live off of Bellevue and can hear the range all day. Anyone willing to offer a referral?

Greatly appreciated!
    I don't remember needing a referral when I joined. I just mailed it and received a call from Margaret.

I'm willing to sign if needed though.

A couple of things I don't like about the club. Too many times the membership is blocked out cuz of police usage. Shooting in the morning you get the sun in your eyes.

That said it is super cheap. Let me know if you need me.

ETA you must attend a safety seminar at the range when scheduled. It's on a Saturday morning with a group of newbies of the range.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Anyone a member of Muhlenburg area shooting association? Referral please!

I was a member there for a few years. I no longer bother. I travel a little bit further for much better ranges. Having to deal with the closing for police, the gate, then the flag/sign in, then if anyone’s shooting at any firing line than all other firing lines are closed as everything is all in a straight line then the flag/sign out, then the gate on the way out. It’s truly more hassle than it’s worth. But if you really want to go I still have some friends that are members that wound sign for you if need be, but I don’t remember that being a requirement.
    Last edited by busa dave; April 30th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

(Berks County)

I was a member too when I lived in town. Bare bones. Ok if you went on a weekday, never even tried a weekend. There is a schedule, but a few times I went when it was posted open, and the cops were there and basically threw me out. Margaret said that shouldn't happen, but...