Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: state of emergency

If he had a criminal record, he wouldn't have been charged with carrying a weapon.

(Chester County)

The little governor guy has a Napoleon complex that makes him think because he's a skinny little guy with a gay beard he needs to show how much power he has. The SoE is just another one of his scams.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

The intent of an SOE is so that the state can bypass the normal acquisition process and buy the items needed to resolve the emergency quickly. Since the Opiod SOE has been lasting for 3 years, it's quite obvious at this point, there is no longer a need for the SOE as they should have had more than enough time to acquire the needed products through the normal process. If they are not going through the normal acquisition process, then our balless legislature should be investigating as to why.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The intent of an SOE is so that the state can bypass the normal acquisition process and buy the items needed to resolve the emergency quickly. Since the Opiod SOE has been lasting for 3 years, it's quite obvious at this point, there is no longer a need for the SOE as they should have had more than enough time to acquire the needed products through the normal process. If they are not going through the normal acquisition process, then our balless legislature should be investigating as to why.
    We already know why. He bought narcan from one of his major donors with a proprietary application device (atomizer) instead of a generic atomizer.

It only costs several hundred dollars more.

Per dose.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    No, but it doesn’t mean that you might not get gemmed up.
    And trust me nobody (including me) wants to be gemmed up in times like these.

Just having a little fun, no offense intended

NOBODY

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    We already know why. He bought narcan from one of his major donors with a proprietary application device (atomizer) instead of a generic atomizer.

It only costs several hundred dollars more.

Per dose.
    All it takes now is our eunuch legislature to open an investigation.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NOBODY View Post
    And trust me nobody (including me) wants to be gemmed up in times like these.

Just having a little fun, no offense intended

NOBODY
    One time my buddies and I were hanging out in front of my house not bothering anybody. We were in HS at the time.

A cop pulled up and said to get off the street or he was going to jung all of us.

We laughed in his face and he drove away. It was pretty funny.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    All it takes now is our eunuch legislature to open an investigation.
    That seems as likely as Elon Musk personally inviting everyone on the PAFOA forum over for drinks.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

TODAY, the PA Senate is discussing and hopefully voting on SB1166.

In simple terms as I'm understanding it, this is a Constitutional Amendment that lets the Governor declare ONE State of Emergency that lasts 30 days. The Governor may NOT renew it unless the legislature votes on an renewal.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS...r=1166&pn=1753

SB1166

PRIOR PASSAGE - NONE PRINTER'S NO. 1753 THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIASENATE BILL No.1166 Session of 2020 INTRODUCED BY K. WARD, DiSANTO, KILLION, MARTIN, ARNOLD, BARTOLOTTA, ARGALL, MENSCH, STEFANO, PITTMAN, AUMENT, SCARNATI AND CORMAN, JUNE 5, 2020 REFERRED TO VETERANS AFFAIRS AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS, JUNE 5, 2020

A JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of Pennsylvania, in the executive, providing for disaster emergency duration.The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby resolves as follows:Section 1. The following amendment to the Constitution of Pennsylvania is proposed in accordance with Article XI:That Article IV be amended by adding a section to read: § 20. Disaster emergency duration. The Governor may issue emergency declarations under circumstances provided for by law for that purpose. The General Assembly may by law grant the Governor certain enumerated powers to address and abate the declared emergency. A declaration by the Governor of an emergency shall not last longer than 30 days unless extended by a concurrent resolution of the General Assembly approving the continuation of the declaration. Upon the expiration of the Governor's emergency declaration, the Governor may not declare a new state of emergency based upon the same or substantially similar facts and circumstances without the passage of a concurrent resolution of the General Assembly expressly approving the new emergency declaration.Section 2. (a) Upon the first passage by the General Assembly of this proposed constitutional amendment, the Secretary of the Commonwealth shall proceed immediately to comply with the advertising requirements of section 1 of Article XI of the Constitution of Pennsylvania and shall transmit the required advertisements to two newspapers in every county in which such newspapers are published in sufficient time after passage of this proposed constitutional amendment.(b) Upon the second passage by the General Assembly of this proposed constitutional amendment, the Secretary of the Commonwealth shall proceed immediately to comply with the advertising requirements of section 1 of Article XI of the Constitution of Pennsylvania and shall transmit the required advertisements to two newspapers in every county in which such newspapers are published in sufficient time after passage of this proposed constitutional amendment. The Secretary of the Commonwealth shall submit this proposed constitutional amendment to the qualified electors of this Commonwealth at the first primary, general or municipal election which meets the requirements of and is in conformance with section 1 of Article XI of the Constitution of Pennsylvania and which occurs at least three months after the proposed constitutional amendment is passed by the General Assembly.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; June 9th, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

That is a great start, though I might suggest that there should be limits on extensions/re-declarations even with the approval of the General Assembly.

Meaning, as it is worded now, a rubber-stamp General Assembly could put the state in the same position it is in now. And such assemblies do indeed exist from time to time (or, as is the case in PRNY, permanently).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast